So the countdown begins!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
andy from embsay

Re: So the countdown begins!

Post by andy from embsay »

samr wrote:Thanks. Just trying to get a clear picture. We live out of catchment and know she's passed but were not given any details of her results ? The only children we know that got results were told they had failed and how much they missed the pass mark by.
That's how we know the maths pass mark - but score doesn't make any difference to allocations, does it? After catchment and siblings it's distance.
samr

Post by samr »

Thanks for that. I know it's not ranked just nice for them to know how well they've done. 54% seems very low as a pass mark but I suppose that's their choice.
Not long now anyway.
andy from embsay

Post by andy from embsay »

samr wrote:Thanks for that. I know it's not ranked just nice for them to know how well they've done. 54% seems very low as a pass mark but I suppose that's their choice.
I'm assuming the passmark(s) is/are set similarly to the NYCC exam - the top x% of in-catchment children. All our daughter's mates thought the maths was hard though - so perhaps it was a tricky paper.

I don't think they've said how many in-area girls passed, have they? Although from anecdotal evidence from people we know it seems to be quite a lot, so maybe they're taking a higher % than the old 28%, and reducing the standard to do so (which'd be a surprise given they're pretty obsessed with results etc).
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

think it would very odd if they increased the in area number and reduced the standard - I get the feeling that there are quite a few who struggle anyway and it would just increase that further.

We are about to get experience of the sixth form - they are very keen to know where else the girls have applied (girls currently at the school and coming from outside) - anecdotally sounds like there will be quite a lot of turnover in pupils at sixth form
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now