Reallocation 2013 and placements

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mitasol

Re: Reallocation 2013 and placements

Post by mitasol »

You can ask the school if they can give you any idea but given what Eviepie has said I would have thought that there would be very many candidates in front of you. There is movement between the schools even after allocation. A child in year 7 at NH recently moved to CH when a place became available. You'll need to inform CH that you wish to remain on the waiting list.

I think your best policy would be to start finding all the positives in NH and then if a place becomes available at CH, that will be a bonus.
Tarquinius

Post by Tarquinius »

Thank you both for the helpful replies. We are happy with NH, and our daughter is already accepting it and seeing the positives, after her initial disappointment and we feel lucky that both are good schools. We're certainly not so desperate that we would move her away from NHGS once she's started!

We're aren't holding out much hope from the reallocation, but will probably apply anyway - we were just trying to assess our chances. Someone told us that in past years, children with very low rankings (well into the 350s) and I wondered if that had happened mainly through reallocation as others drop out.

Also if places were to become available at CH, I assume they would be allocated on the basis of the rankings. I.e. the CH place would be offered to those who have been given NHGS as second choice and requested reallocation - and then the spare NHGS place arising would be offered to someone else. (Rather than the available CH place simply being offered direct to someone who currently doesn't have a grammar school place at all).

Not sure I've explained that very well!
annie321

Post by annie321 »

North Halifax is a wonderful school full of very happy, high-achieving, well-rounded children. It was our first choice and we have not regretted it for a second. The building might be a bit tatty and it is a more awkward journey for a lot of people - but it's totally worth it. I can't speak highly enough of the school and I'm sure any of you with children starting there in September will be just as pleased.
Butterfly

Post by Butterfly »

Last year my DD was reallocated to NHGS on 1 May and she ranked 338. initial allocation was up to 336. A boy at her primary school at 341 was reallocated in July, so there is always movement. My understanding is that you stay on the reallocation list until The December, hence the movement of one child from NHGS to CH in January.

We are delighted with NHGS and would strongly recommend it.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now