Bootham School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Catseye

Bootham School

Post by Catseye »

Do any of you good folks in York/Yorkshire know anything about this boarding school? other than it's a Quaker School,I have consulted Dr Google (the font of all nescient information :roll: ) and found conflicting verdicts.
hermanmunster

Re: Bootham School

Post by hermanmunster »

Sorry don't know much - knew some kids who went to the prep but then opted for state senior.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

The only reason I ask is, my son's HM is taking the Headship there in sept 2016, we are gutted, our loss will be their gain I suppose , He has been an exceptional head at The Grange School! I hope he will maintain his emphasis on value added and not just make the school more-selective, chasing the infamous League Tables.

watch this school it's on the up, thrust me!( no disrespect to present incumbent-meant)

http://www.grange.org.uk/2015/03/new-po ... ur=lyellow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chapuza

Post by chapuza »

I went to Bootham. Tremendous school, though my feeling is that some of the slightly Dartinghton Hall-esque elements of its approach when I was there in the 1980s have been tightened up. But still would strongly recommend it.