Waiting for results of Halifax test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hebden

Re: Waiting for results of Halifax test?

Post by Hebden »

I can't take much more of this daily waiting, It's driving me crazy! Does anyone know if the results have been posted?! I wonder if there is a requirement to mark more written pieces now they have moved the 'fit for Grammar education' ranking from 370 to 450?
flamingogogo

Post by flamingogogo »

Well, postie not brought the letter today either- looks like they are working to the deadline!
Hopefulhalifax

Post by Hopefulhalifax »

Same here, postie has just been and nothing. I was convinced it would come today. At least if it comes tomorrow everyone has the weekend to digest the results.
crazimum

Post by crazimum »

I just hope they do come tommorow couldn't stand another day of waiting and the postman didn't come till 2pm today so tommorow is going to be a long day!!
Hebden

Post by Hebden »

Thank-you all for taking the time to post these last few days, I had been sat at work wondering whether the letter was on the doormat. I could (kind of) switch off once I read your posts! Hopefully tomorrow is the day, good luck everyone x
salsagirl07

Post by salsagirl07 »

No letter from Mr Postie here either. Best of luck to all the boys and girls for tomorrow. Am working tomorrow (usually have Friday mornings off and work the afternoon) so probably a good thing as it will keep me distracted.
It'll be a relief to know one way or the other and as some one else said earlier we'll have the weekend to digest the news. Fingers crossed for everyone! :D
flamingogogo

Post by flamingogogo »

So, anyone willing to share how their dc did? Mine didn't do as well as expected, she came 389th with a score of 169.something - hoping this is enough for NHGS but really expected her to come about 100 places higher based on her mock exams. Gutted. I don't know where she went wrong as she says she did her best.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I know that hanyrose posted that a rank of 374 went through at allocation day but I'm not sure how far down it went. Perhaps someone with more details will post. Otherwise you could try ringing one of the schools on Monday.

I would caution everyone to take mocks with a pinch of salt. It is a different cohort and therefore you simply cannot get a comparable standardised score.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It looks like it went to 378 from the waiting list.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 77#p518477" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Posted Fri Jun 26, 2015 (Entry Sept 14)
ghee wrote:Sorry I completely forgot to update this post! After 3 weeks at the local comp our ds got a place offer at NHGS! Last week he was showing the prospective new entrants round the school. So at rank 378 I knew he was the 1st on the waiting list when the year started and 3 weeks later a pupil left. It was all very emotional because by that time he'd settled down and also he was worried he'd be the "dumbest one" . But all his form was lovely and he's doing really well there. Now thinking I'll have to start practising with dc#3 who has just over 2 years to go :roll:
Obviously it could be different this year.
flamingogogo

Post by flamingogogo »

According to Calderdale's website the last admission for the 2014 intake was rank 390 for NHGS, There are 25 more places this year than then at Crossleys so we have just a little thread of hope in us still.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now