Admission information for Calderdale entry in September 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Busymumofthree

Re: Admission information for Calderdale entry in September

Post by Busymumofthree »

Thankyou Hebden, I will contact Calderdale admissions and if they can give me any information I will let you know!
Hebmum

Post by Hebmum »

Hi, I just have a question about the Calderdale admission criteria. If your child is within the top 300 ranking then I presume a place is pretty much guarenteed at one of the Grammar schools. The online form asks whether you are in the catchment area, whether you will pass the entrance exam etc - how relevant are any of these? I don't know whether supporting info is necessary. I can only think that my DS would like to attend either of them and doesn't want a long bus journey each morning and they are within our LA! Help! :lol:
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

I believe that the admissions software is national and needs to deal with a variety of situations. I would probably tick yes to catchment/passing test. You do not need to add any supplementary information.
Hebmum

Post by Hebmum »

mitasol wrote:I believe that the admissions software is national and needs to deal with a variety of situations. I would probably tick yes to catchment/passing test. You do not need to add any supplementary information.
That's good news - because I went with that. Many thanks. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now