Allocation day nearly here.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum-of-two

Re: Allocation day nearly here.

Post by mum-of-two »

Congratulations to all of you who have got the result for your child that you were hoping for. It sounds like a major hiccup has occurred re allocations which cant help anyone's anxiety levels!

It will be interesting to see what the final number who got in was. I am sure that someone will find out and post it here in due course.
mum-of-two
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Congratulations to those with good news and fingers crossed for anyone still waiting.
Busymumofthree

Post by Busymumofthree »

I emailed Calderdale this morning to ask for the cut offs but they haven't replied as yet. I'm sure they've had a very busy day! If anyone knows, please share!
chaos5

Post by chaos5 »

The lowest rankings that I have heard of so far getting in are CH 335 and NHGS 425!!
Something crazy going on this year.
Last edited by chaos5 on Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebmum

Post by Hebmum »

Wow - wasn't last year's cut off for CH 274? My boy has got into CH. He doesn't know until I return from work. He'll be so pleased.
Busymumofthree

Post by Busymumofthree »

There was whisper of Heckmondwike taking an extra 30 on and there were of course an extra 25 places at NHGS. Looks like it's had a huge impact on ranks!
Twinsmum123

Post by Twinsmum123 »

Calderdale Council confirmed that cut off for NHGS was 427....I forgot to ask about CH.
Busymumofthree

Post by Busymumofthree »

Did anyone else get this email ( I haven't) ??

quote="WorriedWaiting"]Anybody else get this email yesterday evening...???
<--------
Dear Sir/Madam,

Sometime from midnight onwards on 1 March 2017, you will receive an automated email informing you of the secondary school place allocated to your son/daughter. Late this afternoon, it has been brought to our attention that a software error has caused the wrong school to be allocated to some students who sat the grammar school test.

This has affected your son/daughter’s school allocation. Please ignore the automated email you will receive. We will confirm the school your son/daughter has been allocated from this cyps.admissions@calderdale.gov.uk address as early as possible on 1 March.

Please accept our apologies for the confusion this has caused, and thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards,

The Admissions Team
--->

We haven't had an automated email - or any email since. We've been on the portal and we don't know what to believe -especially seeing as a previous poster has published a 400+ score to get into NHGS and our child is below that. Can anybody advise????[/quote]
Valsad

Post by Valsad »

On live chat with Calderdale council confirmed last cut off for NHGS is 429 and CH is 366.
HolandD

Post by HolandD »

Has anyone received an explanation from the Council about the confusion over allocations yet or had any allocation issues resolved? I have a friend whose child came in the late 300's but hasn't been allocated a place, but I have heard of other people way over 400 who have? My friend has not received the email to say that their allocation was incorrect.
It's very confusing this year!