Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

chaos5

Re: Allocation day nearly here.

Post by chaos5 »

Happiest mum ever this morning....we got NHGS!! So relieved :D
don1976

Post by don1976 »

Still not received an email. On pins whether we've managed to get NHGS.

Whats the latest we should expect the email?
cozy37

Post by cozy37 »

Calderdale don't seem to have sent the emails - they usually come out at midnight, I logged onto the portal to find out. If it helps my friends child got NHGS ranked about 410 (ish)!!
Busymumofthree

Post by Busymumofthree »

We are delighted, my daughter got a place at NHGS!! The email came through at two minutes past midnight but I had already seen the offer on the Calderdale portal!
WorriedWaiting

Post by WorriedWaiting »

Anybody else get this email yesterday evening...???
<--------
Dear Sir/Madam,

Sometime from midnight onwards on 1 March 2017, you will receive an automated email informing you of the secondary school place allocated to your son/daughter. Late this afternoon, it has been brought to our attention that a software error has caused the wrong school to be allocated to some students who sat the grammar school test.

This has affected your son/daughter’s school allocation. Please ignore the automated email you will receive. We will confirm the school your son/daughter has been allocated from this cyps.admissions@calderdale.gov.uk address as early as possible on 1 March.

Please accept our apologies for the confusion this has caused, and thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards,

The Admissions Team
--->

We haven't had an automated email - or any email since. We've been on the portal and we don't know what to believe -especially seeing as a previous poster has published a 400+ score to get into NHGS and our child is below that. Can anybody advise????
don1976

Post by don1976 »

I've tried the portal but it won't log me on.
I guess I'll just sit tight. I was hoping to be able to let my daughter know before school today.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Oh Worriedwaiting - that is awful ! Hope it sorts out, interesting to see how many have got the e-mail..
don1976

Post by don1976 »

My daughter was ranked 379, then plus the extra 6 or so after the 2nd test. If others are saying they've got in with a 400+ ranking then it gives us some peace of mind.

But - not counting any chickens until we've got that email.
Busymumofthree

Post by Busymumofthree »

Our school have the confirmation letters can you check with them? The email, letter at school and Calderdale Portal all say the same thing so o hope it's right!!
don1976

Post by don1976 »

AAAnnnnnnddd......she's in. NHGS here she comes!

Feeling particularly proud this morning seeing as she's achieved it without 'professional' tutoring. For those that are doing it for next year, I can recommend signing up to the http://www.11plusswot.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; website. It cost us approx £50 ish I recall. It worked for us - she seemed to feel under a lot less pressure than some of her friends who have been coached professionally for the last couple of years costing goodness knows how much.