Ripon Grammar 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
11+RiponGrammar

Ripon Grammar 11+

Post by 11+RiponGrammar »

I am trying to make sense LOL of the 11+ exams and looking for the top standardised marks from previous years, if anyone knows please
hermanmunster

Re: Ripon Grammar 11+

Post by hermanmunster »

I don't think those scores would be available - all that is required for a place is to have a score in the top 28% and live in the catchment. If you are OOC then it is based on distance not score
11+RiponGrammar

Post by 11+RiponGrammar »

Thanks for response, Yes in catchment, just trying to make sense of how many questions need to be right to comfortably be in the top 28%, I know it depends on how clever year is, but there must be an average over last so many years to give parents a clue?! Seems so confusing... so thought if I had a clue what top mark was, could kind of guess with pass mark what the percentage is! LOL found out lots of stats but no top mark.. yet..
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Can't remember exactly what my dd got, something like 146/156 seems to ring a bell, but that placed her 2nd top scorer that year - what, 8/9 years ago (seems soooo long ago now!). But it's complicated to work out how many you need to get right because of the standardisation and how others perform. If they all score highly your dc needs to score highly. If they score low then it makes it easier for your dc. You just have to aim to get as many right as possible and keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck!