mitasol

Re: Heckmondwike and Ermysted results

Post by mitasol »

Big ....... deep...... breaths! :D
Fingers crossed
DAKS

Post by DAKS »

Wait is over...just received letter from HGS, happy to share my DD qualified test. Letter does not give any info on ranking or marks obtained. Any idea if school provides this information. Thanks
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

Hi All
My son has passed 214, for Ermysteds. 38 in catchment passes 126 out of catchment. Do we stand a chance?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Noreen wrote:Hi All
My son has passed 214, for Ermysteds. 38 in catchment passes 126 out of catchment. Do we stand a chance?

Hi Noreen it will come down to distance - depends how many of the OOA put it on the CAF and whether there are more than 70 or so nearer than you to the school.

Did they say what the distance of the last offered last year was?
Noreen

Post by Noreen »

Hi
No they didn't mention anything about last years intake. Do a lot of children do both Ermysteds and Ripon?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

No can't imagine any doing Ripon and Ermysteds - there is a huge very thinly populated gap between the two.
Most of Ripon is filled with in catchment whereas there are more OOC boys at Ermysteds with buses / trains from keighley / addingham / ilkley etc
Bigbirdcw

Post by Bigbirdcw »

HGS will give you an idea of rank and an indication of how likely you would be to get a place if you were to put it first on the CAF.
For my Dd1 they were able to say that she’d defintely get a place based on her rank
DAKS

Post by DAKS »

Hi bigbirdcw,

thanks.one more query about order of preference in CAF. If I choose let's say School1 as 1st choice but school rejects due to not meeting their required level. However if my rank is higher and school2 is my 2nd preference, in this case school2 will consider me or give priority to those who ranks lower but have given school2 as their 1st choice. thanks once again.

Regards
DAKS
Bigbirdcw

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Always put CAF in true order of preference. If you do not get in the first ranked choice of School, your second choice becomes your first choice and you will be treated as such.

There is lots of stuff about CAF on this forum.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Just to confirm what bigbird has already said. You should put the schools in your true order of preference. We have an equal preference system so in the first instance all your choices are treated equally. The schools do not know where you ranked them on your CAF -they only know that you have applied. For each school, one list of all the applicants will be ranked according to the school admissions policy. Those who most meet the criteria will be at the top of the list. It is only at the final stage that the local authority will allocate you the highest preference school on your CAF that you qualify for.

There is nothing to be gained by placing schools in any order, other than your true preference.

Unless you have a very good reason not to. Your last preference should be a school where your child is certain to get a place. Usually, your local catchment school.