Waiting for SGHS results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pitsypoo

Waiting for SGHS results

Post by Pitsypoo »

I know it's so quiet here, but I wondered if anyone else was waiting for SGHS results? I know they're not due till 16th but I'm really hoping they come this weekend. When DD1 sat her exam in 2015 her letter arrived after two weeks
hermanmunster

Re: Waiting for SGHS results

Post by hermanmunster »

Hope they do turn up soon, doubt if they will be that early though :|
Pitsypoo

Post by Pitsypoo »

I know it's wishful thinking hermanmunster, but everything is crossed after them being so early the last two years. With DD1, the whole process what a breeze but it's been a long hard journey with DD2, so I just want to know now either way.
Pitsypoo

Post by Pitsypoo »

Well I'm very pleased to say the good news finally arrived today, DD2 reached the required standard. To anyone else waiting, I wish you all the luck in the world
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Congratulations! - that's great news :D
northernstar3

Post by northernstar3 »

My DD passed, so we're very happy! Does anyone know how many peoole passed and the cut off?
tyke

Post by tyke »

Hi
The next stage of the waiting game begins... DD2 has had a letter to say she passed. We are OOA and I tried to find information on how many girls got places OOA last year and what distance but to no avail. We already have DD1 at the school and disappointed that they took away the sibling rule. Does anyone have access to any stats please about how many girls pass and whether everyone who passes lists the school as their first choice ? I have read posts that suggest it does not make any difference whether the school is listed first or not as the school does not see the ranking ? Any ideas if this is the case ? Tricky as we don't want to risk not getting a catchment school and not get SGHS either ! Thanks to everyone for their support on this forum.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/questions-and-answers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In line with the School Admissions Code (2014) we operate an equal preference with ranking system.

This is a national model designed to ensure, as far as possible, parent/carers' preferences for particular schools are considered fairly, equitably and consistently.

Equal preference requires the admission authority to consider all preferences received for a particular school (first, second, third, fourth and fifth) equally and, where the school is oversubscribed, apply the oversubscription criteria. Where more than one preference can be met the local authority will offer the highest ranking preference.
The CAF should be in your true order of preference. The one you want most at the top and the least at the bottom. Your last preference should be a school where your child is certain to get a place. Usually, your local catchment school.
northernstar3

Post by northernstar3 »

I phoned school yesterday to see if they could give out some more information to determine if there's a chance for us to be offered a place.

Although they couldn't give out the exact number of girls who passed the test, they confirmed there were more girls who have reached the required standard than places available. They asked where we lived (8 miles away) and they confirmed that the distance went up to 18 miles last year.

10 days till the closing date, hope everyone's applications will go smoothly!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now