Heckmondwike Grammar 2018 exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
eaglesrest

Re: Heckmondwike Grammar 2018 exam

Post by eaglesrest »

The school website states "We now understand from the entrance exam provider that results will be sent to the school later this week. Therefore, we aim to post them to parents on Friday 12th October."

Does that mean they are posting them today, or we should expect them to arrive for today? They normally state the date you should expect to get the results I believe?
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

I did wonder the same. We were told today for the fitness test so I'm assuming today. I am trying to limit my trips to the letterbox to every half hour and not stare out of the window looking for the postman. I did see him yesterday and pre-warned him I would be stalking him for the next week or so until I have all the results in, so I dont anticipate him reporting me...lol.
mum-of-two
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

Our postie has been and no letter from Heck. Looks like it will be tomorrow. Cutting it fine for making arrangements for Monday and no-one in the office to speak to before the event!
mum-of-two
eaglesrest

Post by eaglesrest »

That's disappointing, and yes really cutting it fine. We need to let primary school know if they will be in on Monday or not!

Now we are going to have to tell them she may or may not be coming in :(
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

My DS got required standard. The form states an intake of 210 (I was sure the website said 180)! Anyway now I have to wait til post test and Thursday to find out if he is high enough on the list to get a place.

I hope your DD got through eaglesrest
mum-of-two
eaglesrest

Post by eaglesrest »

mum-of-two wrote:My DS got required standard. The form states an intake of 210 (I was sure the website said 180)! Anyway now I have to wait til post test and Thursday to find out if he is high enough on the list to get a place.

I hope your DD got through eaglesrest
Hi, congrats! DD met the standard and is doing the fitness test tomorrow. She isn't going to pass it but it'll be an experience at least.

They've increased the PAN from 180 to 210 each of the past 3 years once they have received the exam results. I think it's Wednesday when they invite calls to school.
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

Congrats - I wonder how many will be sitting (running) the fitness test Monday. I suppose we'll get an indication on Monday outside the sports hall! Really it only needs to be those near the bottom of the list as those high up will still have a place, even accounting for movement after priority placements. I dont suppose it'll be done that way though and all who passed will be tested.

Roll on Wednesday - this limbo status is wearing thin now!
mum-of-two
eaglesrest

Post by eaglesrest »

I wonder what they say to those near the bottom of the list? They won't be able to state conclusively that a place will/will not be offered, as they can't tell how many will actually apply or accept an offered place.

They will want to be honest about the chances, but not to the point that they discourage applications and then don't have enough applicants to fill all the places.

Guess we find out on Wednesday!
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

Roll on Wed. Shall we have a sweepstake as to how many times we have to try and get through to admissions to get an answer on results?
mum-of-two
haniya11plus

Post by haniya11plus »

mum-of-two wrote:Hi all

My DS took the Heckmondwike exam this morning and while I was waiting to collect him I heard someone else in the queue say that there are about 2000 that sit this exam. Is this correct? I cant find anything on this forum to confirm this.

Now the long wait til the 12th Oct!

just wondering between heckmondwike and calderdale
how your DC manage to sit both CEM and GL exams
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now