Ripon grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dastgeeri

Ripon grammar school

Post by dastgeeri »

Hi All
Anyone whose kid has sit Ripon grammar school exam.Any idea what is the highest possible standardised score for this exam as it is quite complex.My kid has been above the cutoff mark which is set at 201 ,although only 160 questions..He has scored decent at 230 but not living in the area so should be just purely on his results..Any idea from previous cohorts
hermanmunster

Re: Ripon grammar school

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Dastgeeri and welcome to the forum

I am just checking re oversubscription as it is a while since I looked a Ripon GS - it appears that the criteria for offering OOC places is distance rather than score and it looks like the last place offered in March was 8.99 miles
dastgeeri

Post by dastgeeri »

Thanks ,I think so and guess it is too late to think of that option now as we live in Leeds .Moreover my Kid has cleared the Heckmondwike grammar school exam and has a bus service next door which will be easier in the long run.
I wish had explored the ripons criteria before to plan accordingly..
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

dastgeeri wrote:Thanks ,I think so and guess it is too late to think of that option now as we live in Leeds .Moreover my Kid has cleared the Heckmondwike grammar school exam and has a bus service next door which will be easier in the long run.
I wish had explored the ripons criteria before to plan accordingly..
Sounds like Heckmondwike will be an easier option for travel but worth checking their oversubscription criteria too https://www.heckgrammar.co.uk/content/u ... DMENTS.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; -

Ripon has never been easy to get into from OOC, fair few apply from Harrogate and that is a bit hit and miss.

Ermysted's used to admit on score out of catchment but it meant that some were travelling a very long way, they changed it to distance only and it variably took in Ilkley and Keighley.
Turefu

Post by Turefu »

Hi! My son is in year 5 now and we live in Easingwold, what is about 20 miles away from Ripon. Is there still chance for him being accepted, living outside area?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now