Scores for North Yorks

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Scores for North Yorks

Post by Guest »

Interesting bit in the Craven Herald last week stated that the cut off score to get into Skipton schools was 227 and Ripon schools 204. Seems a BIG difference...
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Yes,

I read that too! luckily my daughter is going to SGHS this time(in less than two weeks)

We still don't know what she scored :? Seems you only find out your mark if you don't reach cut off :shock:

Seems rather unfair! I bet a few of the childrens parents whos kids narrowly failed for Skipton Schools were annoyed to say the least at the cut off in Richmond :roll:

Footymad.
angelz

Post by angelz »

Hi Footymad

In Lincolnshire we have to go to the primary school and request our childrens score. (So I've been told)

Probably showing my ignorance, but I thought they had to give you the information if you request it. Have you tried your LEA?

angelz

Post by Guest »

DS old head teacher said we could write to the LEA and request the score - never got round to it though.
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Thanks for the info DS's parent.

I don't think I can be bothered to find out the result now anyway, but I think it should be on the letter when you find out if they passed.

Glad to hear from you,

I hope your son will be happy at Richmond Grammar.

Footymad.

Keep us posted :)

Post by Guest »

Actually footymad he's at the school next to you daughter :wink:
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Oh that's great. Have you now moved to Skipton then? My daughter is looking forward to meeting Ermysteds boys on the bus to school :roll:

Girls will be girls :twisted: lol

Footymad.

Post by Guest »

bet she is!!!!

DS misses out on the bus as we live in walking distance from the school...

have you got your bus place OK? gather the east lancs buses were very full and some were having to arrange mini buses - not sure why Keighley and district don't put another bus on - sounds like there is plenty of demand!.
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Luckily my daughter and her best friend got places because they were high on the waiting list.

As far as I know there was only 5 places on the bus my daughter is getting.

Yes there are a lot having to sort out their own transport. :evil:

I suppose we should be very happy :roll:

Footymad :P

north yorkshire

Post by Guest »

How do you relate the cut off mark of 227 to the scores your child has achieved doing practise papers.What kind of percentage should they be achieving . I do understand that the final mark is adjusted according to age.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now