Ermsyeds

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wendy

Ermsyeds

Post by wendy »

well, the dreaded week has arrived.. Connor sits the practise paper on mon and the 2 real ones on wedsday and friday.

Rather nervous about the VR cause he has a tendancy to not read the questions correctly... Its anoying cause when he goes back through a paper with me he as nop problems corrrecting his answers, just needs more care..
the NVR he loves and finds easy so we haven't done as much practise on this. Been using a varity of papers so hopefully the real thing may be easier than what we've been doing ( well i can hope!!!lol)

He's laid back mainly about it, if he keeps calm etc on the day his teachers say he should be ok, he loved the school when we had a look when it was open evening and would have the ability etc to do well there as he's always top of ther class or there abouts.

I'll stop rambling now, can't you tell i've enough nerves for the both of us!!

wendy
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

All the best to you both Wendy!

I hope he does well. My daughter has just done a month at SGHS now and is really enjoying it!

Footymad xx. :P
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Good luck wendy - sure he will be fine - my DS is in year 8 now .. time flies
wendymay

ermysteds

Post by wendymay »

well glad thats all over with! Just a month to wait for the results. Connor was fairly confident he'd done well today and interestingly found it easier than a mate who has been tutored since year dot for it.

so just to hope his confidence isn't misplaced now, mind you have put him in for Clitheor Grammar just in case.. the test for that is maths, science and English, all his strong subjects at school luckily.

Hope he gets to meet your kids next sept at Skipton!

wendy
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Wendy,
A friend of mines son sat the skipton test also, keeping my fingers crossed for the both of you xx.

It feels slightly strange that my younger daughter hasn't sat the 11+ this year, but as a parent you have to take your childs feelings and welfare into consideration.

I honestly believe that my youngest girl with flourish better away from her older sister, this is already the case as she's gone into year six with such new found confidence as the oldest child in our family at primary.

She is no longer having to live in the shadow of big sis!

Footymad xx.
wendymay

Post by wendymay »

Thanks Footymad. Interestigly Connor thought Mondays paper the easiest... just hope he wasn't over confident.His mate said it was the hardest and he's been coached for years. What did your friends child think?

Just need to aait for results now as we want to move but until we have an idea which school he's going too we dont want to comit. If he doesn't get in at Skipton then he;s trying for Clitheroe, the exams there will suit him more as well as its maths and english. i'd still prefer Ermysteds though. I'll have no nails left by mid november. :roll:

Does anyone know much about the 11+ at Clitheroe?

wendy
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Wendy?

Just sat at my computer wondering how you got on?

Did Connor get a place at Ermysteds?

Footymad xx.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I was wondering that tooo.