Calderdale Admissions for 2010

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Are you going to wear a red flower and carry a rolled up copy of the Times for the pre-test? 8)
Hehehe, maybe but then you might get the wrong idea!
Haze

Post by Haze »

Who has registered to sit the pre-test? Have you heard the details yet?
I have it marked on my calendar that, if we haven't heard by tomorrow, to chase them up, so just wondering how everyone else is getting on.
:?
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Who has registered to sit the pre-test? Have you heard the details yet?
I have it marked on my calendar that, if we haven't heard by tomorrow, to chase them up, so just wondering how everyone else is getting on.
:?
We have and we have not heard anything either, neither has anybody else that we know.
Haze

Post by Haze »

Oh thanks. That has put my mind at rest then :D

You going to the open evening next week?
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Oh thanks. That has put my mind at rest then :D

You going to the open evening next week?
Yes, we are.

I hope it goes well at the open evening. DD is doing a sample paper right now, how is your preparation going?
Haze

Post by Haze »

Not too bad. Just trying to increase speed and accuracy. However DS broke his thumb on Sunday, so can't hold a pencil at the moment! He can use a mouse though :wink:
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Not too bad. Just trying to increase speed and accuracy. However DS broke his thumb on Sunday, so can't hold a pencil at the moment! He can use a mouse though :wink:
It's so-so here, DD now doesn't want to go to grammar school. Still she did the test paper for VR in the 50 minutes but needs to get more accurate; still at least there is a pattern to ones she finds hard rather than random wrong answers.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Haze - I'm sorry to hear about DS thumb I do hope he feels better soon.

Optimistic - She may come around after the NH open evening. I know that it reassured my DS, who up until that point, still wanted to go to the local school.

Unfortunately, Crossley Heath open evening had the opposite effect! :lol:
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

mitasol wrote:Haze - I'm sorry to hear about DS thumb I do hope he feels better soon.

Optimistic - She may come around after the NH open evening. I know that it reassured my DS, who up until that point, still wanted to go to the local school.

Unfortunately, Crossley Heath open evening had the opposite effect! :lol:
She went to the NH open evening last year and loved it, she hated CH. Now she says she is only doing it because she thought I wanted her to; ironically I didn't want her to do it but agreed because she was adamant that she did.

We've applied online for NH, CH and the high school but I really feel like we may as well just put the high school.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Optimistic - I've sent you a PM.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now