pretest

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
optimistic!

pretest

Post by optimistic! »

We got the paperwork for this today so they are on the way if not yet out.

What time slot have you been allocated? We've got the lunchtime slot.

Now, can we find out how many are doing the test?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Last year Shareen phoned and was given a figure of 870 by CH. Otherwise, you will find out how many children sat the exam when you get the results.
Haze

Post by Haze »

We're in the Hall room at 9.00am. Early start that day!

Did you go last night? It was heaving! However I spotted a few I know who were just there for a look - either they have no intention of sitting the exam or their children were only year 5 this time. So I don't expect everyone who attended to be competing for places.

Crossley Heath tomorrow?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

DS thought a lot of year 5's looked around last night. It's probably quite sensible but I certainly wasn't that organised!

You're not giving much away! Did the viewing go well? :?
Haze

Post by Haze »

DS was very impressed with all the foreign trips, and I had to drag him away from the science labs, so I think it went well.
We have three more to go yet, before we decide on the order of preference, but I was impressed by all the pupils that were there, and the standard of their work.
How about you Optomistic?
shahreen

Post by shahreen »

hi all GOOD LUCK to all the children doing the pretest
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:We're in the Hall room at 9.00am. Early start that day!

Did you go last night? It was heaving! However I spotted a few I know who were just there for a look - either they have no intention of sitting the exam or their children were only year 5 this time. So I don't expect everyone who attended to be competing for places.

Crossley Heath tomorrow?
Yes, we went to both of the open evenings. We changed our mind about which school we liked best (we looked round last year as well) but are still opting for our favourite from last year due to the transport - so it's NH for us I expect.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:DS was very impressed with all the foreign trips, and I had to drag him away from the science labs, so I think it went well.
We have three more to go yet, before we decide on the order of preference, but I was impressed by all the pupils that were there, and the standard of their work.
How about you Optomistic?
DD really liked the science and art, especially at CH. We have got one high school to look at next week and then we're done. We're settled on an order of preference now. I too was impressed with the pupils and the standard of work.

I think that NH was much busier than CH, anybody else think that?
Haze

Post by Haze »

Yes, I would say NH was busiest.
I liked CH but DS is fixed on NH, and it's got to be his choice in the end.
We're doing two local comps this week before we decide on the order, or rather befre we decide which comp we'll put third.
optimistic!

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:Yes, I would say NH was busiest.
I liked CH but DS is fixed on NH, and it's got to be his choice in the end.
We're doing two local comps this week before we decide on the order, or rather befre we decide which comp we'll put third.
We were going to do two comps this week but DD has decided that she isn't interested in one of them - further away, no bus etc etc and a comp just isn't worth that kind of hassle so we're just going to the local one.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now