new to all this

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

optimistic!

new to all this

Post by optimistic! »

Hiya.

I'm new to all this, my child is doing the exam this year. Is anybody else in West Yorkshire out there?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Optimistic!

I'm actually over the border in North Yorks but there are some very helpful people who have been through the assorted West Yorkshire tests this year and will be able to help.

Which area are you and which schools are you looking at ?

Good Luck

Herman
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Hi Optimistic,

Welcome! I know that a there are a few people around who will be sitting the Calderdale exams this year. I'm sure they will turn up :lol:

My Ds sat the exam last year and is now very excited about going to NHGS in September.

Which school are you interested in?
Haze

Post by Haze »

Yes I'm here - looking at Calderdale exams later this year with my DS.

I'm home tutoring and have learned a lot from this site. Happy to chat if you like Optimistic :D

Whereabouts in W Yorks are you?
optimistic!

Haze

Post by optimistic! »

Hi Haze,

We're also doing the Calderdale exams and are thinking about NHGS as our first choice and then Crossleys as the second. No idea which school will be our 3rd choice.

How about you?
optimistic!

Thanks Herman and Mitasol

Post by optimistic! »

Thanks both of you and well done Mitasol, I hope your DS likes NHGS.
Haze

Re: Haze

Post by Haze »

optimistic! wrote:Hi Haze,

We're also doing the Calderdale exams and are thinking about NHGS as our first choice and then Crossleys as the second. No idea which school will be our 3rd choice.

How about you?
We're way down the other end of the valley. I think NHGS would probably be first choice, since DS is more inclined to science than arts or languages, Crossleys second then it would have to be the very mediocre local school as third. I don't think we would have any choice in that. We're too far from any other school to be considered. Our only other option would be home schooling :shock: or move house!

How are you getting on with you child (S or D?)? Are you well on with preparartion or just starting?
optimistic!

Re: Haze

Post by optimistic! »

Haze wrote:
We're way down the other end of the valley. I think NHGS would probably be first choice, since DS is more inclined to science than arts or languages,

How are you getting on with you child (S or D?)? Are you well on with preparartion or just starting?

Yes, DD is the same. She is more science orientated and is keen on music as well so I think NHGS would be best. She preferred that when we looked round in September.

We started in January, she goes to a tutor who we know.