Change of mind on Trafford Application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Brainfreeze

Change of mind on Trafford Application

Post by Brainfreeze »

The daughter of one of my friends has changed her mind about the order of schools she put down for her secondary schools application recently.

She put Sale above AGGS but now wishes to swap.

Does anyone know how she can proceed with this? I’m guessing she will have to accept the Sale place once awarded (she is well within catchment for both schools) and then ask to be put on AGGS waiting list?

Any wisdom or experience to add?
ToadMum

Re: Change of mind on Trafford Application

Post by ToadMum »

Brainfreeze wrote:The daughter of one of my friends has changed her mind about the order of schools she put down for her secondary schools application recently.

She put Sale above AGGS but now wishes to swap.

Does anyone know how she can proceed with this? I’m guessing she will have to accept the Sale place once awarded (she is well within catchment for both schools) and then ask to be put on AGGS waiting list?

Any wisdom or experience to add?
The area of the LEA website where she made her application should have guidance on how to complete the form, 'What if's etc.

In most places, a change to the order of preferences, unless due to a house move but then only up to a certain date, would be classed as a late application and not dealt with until after all on time applications.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
oldhandatthis

Post by oldhandatthis »

Hi, we did this last year; our daughter changed her mind from Loreto to AGGS after allocation. We contacted both AGGS and Trafford. Trafford asked us to fill in a form and AGGS placed our daughter on the waiting list. There would only be a place if someone did not confirm they wished to accept a place at AGGS and fortunately for us this was the case and our daughter is now at AGGS.

It is possible, but does depend on someone 'dropping out'.

Get your neighbour to contact AGGS as soon as possible to have her daughter's name added to the waiting list.

Hope that's helpful :)
Miltonkeynes1

Post by Miltonkeynes1 »

Hi, Ring Trafford school admissions on 0161-912-5007 and let them know the change of choice. You need to let them know as soon as possible and you should be able to change. It us when it gets too near the 1st March date that they can't. I found them to be really helpful.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Miltonkeynes1 wrote:Hi, Ring Trafford school admissions on 0161-912-5007 and let them know the change of choice. You need to let them know as soon as possible and you should be able to change. It us when it gets too near the 1st March date that they can't. I found them to be really helpful.
From the Trafford secondary schools admissuons booklet:

AMENDING YOUR APPLICATION
If you wish to change your application at any time up to 31 October you can do so by logging into
your online account. Any change made after this date will only be considered after all on time
applications/changes have been considered
. The last application submitted is the application which
will be considered.
http://www.trafford.gov.uk/residents/sc ... sions.aspx

With any luck, the helpful person you speak to at the LEA will remember to point this out to you :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Brainfreeze - Toadmum is right - their own admissions procedures say any change will be marked as late.

I would advise your friend to speak to Trafford if she is not clear but she should really accept the place at her original first choice school (assuming her DD has scored highly enough to get that) and then ask to go on the waiting list for the original second choice school. If her DD hasn't scored highly enough for the 1st Choice school, she will be offered the second choice school (assuming she has scored high enough for that) and then your friend would need to let Trafford know that she no longer wants to be on the waiting list for the original first choice school. But, yes, this does mean waiting for someone to drop out, but, to be fair, she did change her mind....!