Make-Up of Grammar Passes

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TinyTroll

Make-Up of Grammar Passes

Post by TinyTroll »

Hi, There have been multiple stories in the news recently regarding how grammar schools, and independent schools feeding top universities. Is there ever anything published locally regarding which primary schools make up the taking each year of selective grammar schools? Some primaries in Trafford seem very helpful and supportive when it comes to sitting the 11+, and some seem indifferent to it. With so many independent schools as well, it would be interesting to know what the mix is.
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Make-Up of Grammar Passes

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I don't think I've seen this published as an across the board piece, I have seen some indies where they publish how many children have gone where ( I think Alty Prep did this in their newsletter in the past). Wonder if you could do a FOI request to Trafford council ( or to any individual high school you were interested in?)
poppety

Post by poppety »

I asked for this info from one of the trafford grammars and they emailed it to me (and I think they had it on display at their open evening). There was a lot of schools on the list - some with just one or two pupils who had taken up places. If I recall it was mainly children from state primaries rather than indies (possibly due to location of the grammar school in question)
TinyTroll

Post by TinyTroll »

Thanks Poppety!

I might try that :)