CEM Consortium Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Proud-Dad

Re: CEM Consortium Results

Post by Proud-Dad »

TinyTroll wrote:Everything I have heard points to this being a very difficult exam. Children that were calm and confident who had prepared well felt totally sideswiped! Compared to the confident elder brother who passed and did the same preparation, this was unexpected as they are both very bright (exceeding in all areas at school).
It most likely was a hard exam or I hope it was because my DS was the first in my family ever to sit the Eleven+

He had tuition for 2 years and had 2 years of home schooling for Eleven+. We almost perfected all his mistakes and he was constantly getting 90-100% in his mocks and he somehow ended up finding the Comprehension part hard and ran out of time.

Time will tell how he did.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

My DS says it was a difficult paper. More difficult than the work he's done at home and done with his tutor.

We only did one mock test on Washway Road. DS said he'd done OK, but the results were poor.
poppety

Post by poppety »

Proud Dad - it might be worth posting on the page for your area rather than the Trafford page to avoid confusion. The test your child sat will have been different to the one our children sat in Trafford.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

I think there's a chance others schools in other areas sitting the CEM on 13th September had exactly the same paper as Trafford.
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

poppety wrote:Proud Dad - it might be worth posting on the page for your area rather than the Trafford page to avoid confusion. The test your child sat will have been different to the one our children sat in Trafford.
You are right the papers could be different but I think most likely the questions will be similar.

It will be unfair to ask some children difficult questions while other children getting an easier paper.

So far majority of people I spoke with said the Comprehension part was quite difficult.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Proud-Dad wrote:
poppety wrote:Proud Dad - it might be worth posting on the page for your area rather than the Trafford page to avoid confusion. The test your child sat will have been different to the one our children sat in Trafford.
You are right the papers could be different but I think most likely the questions will be similar.

It will be unfair to ask some children difficult questions while other children getting an easier paper.

So far majority of people I spoke with said the Comprehension part was quite difficult.
The results are standardised to the cohort sitting for the school. So it doesn't matter if the papers vary wildly from one region to the next.

With comprehension, I find DS doesn't know whether he's got the questions right or wrong. He thinks all the questions are easy, but really he's missed the detail.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

It would not have been the same paper.

Schools who are using the same paper as another school have to announce this on their website. You cannot be allowed to sit the same paper twice and get a higher mark the second time.

DG
Trafford32

Post by Trafford32 »

DD found the exam tougher than practice papers, especially comprehension. But I guess it was equally difficult for everyone so it shouldn’t matter once standardised.

Good luck all…only a month or so to go
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Residents in Altrincham say they haven't received any mail in over three weeks
"Everyone’s starting to get really irate about it now"
That's all we need...
I hope the results will be sent on the Trafford CEM Consortium website.

(Quote from MEN).
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

We've done 16 days of waiting. Half way though!

In 16 days, we should have results.