CEM Consortium Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KaB£H1s3

Re: CEM Consortium Results

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Nadia wrote:But it doesn’t make sense if they come to know after the allocation day which will be in May.They do give offer to top twenty that means they know it before the allocation day.
They know the scores of every child who sat. But they don't know which children are going to apply to the school.

The school finds out which children have been allocated a top 20 place just before national allocation day. I think 1st March.

But then they might not release that data to the public till a month or two have passed.
mayday

Post by mayday »

They will know the top 20 scorers today, but *all* 20 of those candidates could prefer other schools, therefore the info is useless.
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

Yes that’s right. They should be knowing the top twenty scores so they should be able to give the info. They should be able to tell if my child’s score falls in the top twenty isn’t it.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Nadia wrote:Yes that’s right. They should be knowing the top twenty scores so they should be able to give the info. They should be able to tell if my child’s score falls in the top twenty isn’t it.
Yes, they can answer that question today but they are not compelled to do so.

You can more or less work it out yourself.

Say 3,500 kids sat the test (I've made that number up).

Then 20 kids is 0.5% of the total number of children who sat the test.
i.e. 99.5 percentile rank.

This equates to about 139 for a single paper.

But stretford sat 3 papers so 139 x 3 = 417
Trafford32

Post by Trafford32 »

Nadia wrote:Yes that’s right. They should be knowing the top twenty scores so they should be able to give the info. They should be able to tell if my child’s score falls in the top twenty isn’t it.
It would be possible for them to tell us exactly where our child ranks as of today.

If child is ranked 500 out of 3000 candidates then chances of being top 20 by March would be very slim. But if currently ranked top 20 out of 3000 then nothing to worry about. Or if ranked somewhere between 20 and 100 there might be a chance of making top 20.

But the school isn’t obliged to provide this information. And the information is of no use - it might put minds at ease (but more likely would add to worry).
Scooby12

Post by Scooby12 »

Has everyone now received the letters (via email) from the different schools? It’s strange that they’re all very different letters- some very bland and others very informative. The urmston letter said 2475 pupils took part in the urmston exam and ‘several hundred’ achieved the qualifying score. This little bit of data was nice to read and it’s a shame the others didn’t offer similar info although I expect most of the schools had a similar number of pupils applying- I know we clicked all 4 options.
Last edited by Scooby12 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

We didn't get a letter from Stretford... got the others

The Alty Boys letter was a total waste of an email. It didn't say if DS passed or not.

Edit typo
Scooby12

Post by Scooby12 »

The Stretford email was similar to Alty- didn’t say whether they’d passed or not so just very generic. It did include a letter about the review should the result fall just short of the pass mark though.
Lmr87

Post by Lmr87 »

We only received letters from Stretford and Sale. My son passed for Stretford and Urmston. We didn’t get a letter from Urmston though
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Dear Parent/Carer,

We are delighted to inform you, that your child has achieved a successful outcome in the Urmston Grammar entrance examination. The required pass mark is 334 and your child’s standardised result was made available to you earlier today via the Trafford CEM website https://traffordcem.applicaa.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Our Over-Subscription Criteria, (as published in our Admissions Policy) must now be applied by the Local Authority, who will, on 1st March 2022, and in accordance with the Admissions Code of Practice, communicate all school allocations to parents. Please note there are 150 places available for the forthcoming Year 7 cohort. To be considered for one of these places, it is essential that Urmston Grammar is specified as a preferred school on the Common Application Form (CAF).

Should you wish to have information in relation to our Oversubscription Criteria or the school’s Admission Policy, please access our admission pages on the school’s website; http://www.urmstongrammar.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; under the heading ‘Admissions results information’ You will note that Oversubscription Criteria C specifies allocation of places to Pupil Premium candidates. To assist with this process, and if you are in receipt of Pupil Premium, please complete the enclosed form. The form must be returned by Friday 12th November 2021.

This information will be passed to the Local Authority who will, on 1st March 2022 and in accordance with the Admissions Code of Practice, notify parents of the school allocated.

Please note that all candidates who have been successful in our entrance examination, who are not allocated a place at Urmston Grammar in the Local Authority’s first allocation process, will have the opportunity to request to be placed on our waiting list. Where places are not taken up by those who have accepted alternative allocations, those on the waiting list will be contacted as per our Over-Subscription Criteria.

The following provides contextual information about the performance of children who took part in the Urmston Grammar entrance examination. A total of 2475 pupils took part in the Urmston Grammar entrance examination in September and several hundred pupils achieved the qualifying score of 334 and above. The average score for those pupils who qualified was 358.

Thank you very much for your interest in Urmston Grammar, and may I again offer my congratulations to your child for achieving a successful outcome.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs R S Wall

Headteacher

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL AS IT IS NOT MONITORED
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now