CEM Consortium Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KaB£H1s3

Re: CEM Consortium Results

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Someone put in an FOI request on what do they know for 2022 entrance exam information. The information may be helpful for you if there's a reply.
mmm1980

Post by mmm1980 »

usually CEM scores are lower than GL, so probably the ooc score will be down this year.
TC1

Post by TC1 »

mmm1980 wrote:usually CEM scores are lower than GL, so probably the ooc score will be down this year.
really hope this is the case!
wilmslowmum

Post by wilmslowmum »

[quote="TC1 Hi, My son will be leaving AGSB sixth form next year. His year had an extra class and is one of the largest years at the school , you would imagine that the school will have more places for next year 7’s. The years where the out of catchment was very low was when the intake was smaller i think due to lack of space , which has now been rectified with new buildings. Good luck to your son mine was out of catchment, i know how stressful the next few months will be. Just to add in his year i think the out of catchment lowest pass was around 350/353 but don't hold me to the exact number, it was quite a long time ago!!!

Anyone here hoping to get a place at AGSB out of catchment? Our son passed all four schools including AGGSB but we are aware that he will need to get way above the pass mark to get a place for AGSB[/quote]
TC1

Post by TC1 »

[quote="wilmslowmum"][quote="TC1 Hi, My son will be leaving AGSB sixth form next year. His year had an extra class and is one of the largest years at the school , you would imagine that the school will have more places for next year 7’s. The years where the out of catchment was very low was when the intake was smaller i think due to lack of space , which has now been rectified with new buildings. Good luck to your son mine was out of catchment, i know how stressful the next few months will be. Just to add in his year i think the out of catchment lowest pass was around 350/353 but don't hold me to the exact number, it was quite a long time ago!!!

Thank you :)

Just have to be patient and see what happens. Trying not to think about it too much, failed so far :lol:
mayday

Post by mayday »

Have Loreto results now but can't decide CAF order....

I have had my mind blown a bit by the info in the last few pages that Stretford Grammar 'allow' nearly 1000 children to pass their exam - surely this means the cohorts are actually doing similarly well at the exam as if they standardised to achieve eg. 400 passes, the mark given would be as low as the other schools? Are there huge numbers of disappointed Stretford candidates in March? I would definitely be interested to know whether they are able to offer places to all children in their 'priority area' who pass and want a place (as with Sale, Urmston, AGSB). To be honest I much prefer the AGSG system of a radius catchment but that would lead to many pupils crossing county boundaries to attend grammars (which I don't mind but lots do) and lack of grammar school provision in the north of Trafford (which I do mind if you're going to have the system) which are both complicated subjects. Just been very surprised really and did think I had a good understanding of the standardisation process!
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Stretford have a huge number of kids sitting the test and also a higher proportion of pupil premium applications. That's how so many pass.

I've got some info on their oversubscription criteria for the past 5 years... (pasted below).

2021 admission – 3.92 miles under category 6 – no offers made to category 7

2020 admission – 4.36 miles under category 6 – no offers made to category 7

2019 admission – 3.17 miles under category 5 – no offers made to category 6

2018 admission – 4.93 miles under category 5 – postcode criteria was not part of the policy all successful candidates ranked on distance

2017 admission – 11.26 miles under category 5 – postcode criteria was not part of the policy all successful candidates ranked on distance
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

BTW, did you know to fill the CAF in the order of preference?

Don't list them in the order of the chances of being accepted.
poppety

Post by poppety »

I think the categories for Stretford admissions changed between 2019 and 2020. My daughter got in on distance (no sibling) in 2019 at just under 2 miles.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

@Mayday

The number of passes for Stretford takes into account that it won't be the 1st choice for many of the children who pass - just because its a consortium exam for 5 schools.

Everyone who passes for AGSB/AGGS, Sale and Urmston will also have passed Stretford (if they asked for their test to be considered by the other schools) and so out of that 1000 children who pass for Stretford, hundreds of them will opt for AGGS/AGSB (400 places roughly), Sale or Urmston (think they both have about 200 in each school) over Stretford. If Stretford only had 300/400 children who pass, there would be a danger that they wouldn't fill their places because a large proportion of those children would choose one of the other grammars.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now