CEM Consortium Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
poppety

Re: CEM Consortium Results

Post by poppety »

Hi TC1. There is no direct tram from Didsbury to Altrincham - you would need to get one of the city centre trams to Trafford Bar (around 12mins) and then change lines for Altrincham (around 20 mins) r journey time) I think once you have factored in the changing lines and waiting for trams you would be looking at around 50mins on tram (and then the walk from Alti tram to the school).
cherryblossom

Post by cherryblossom »

Hi TC1 As poppety says, there is no direct tram. Your son can change at Trafford Bar. On rainy days, he can go one stop further and change at Cornbrook if he likes as it's sheltered and he doesn't have to walk over the bridge to the other platform like in Trafford Bar.

We live in Didsbury too and on some days my sons need to take their sports kit or musical instruments so something to bear in mind but it's a small inconvenience that they don't mind. It's an early start everyday but they have got used to it. They have really enjoyed their time at the school and have settled in well. There are boys from so many different primary schools that they make new friends even if they don't know anyone when they arrive. I can't compare with MGS as neither myself or my DH have experience of schools in the private sector. We have been really happy with AGSB and most importantly our sons really like it there so wouldn't hesitate recommending it to anyone. AGSB has many musical and sporting opportunities available for the boys in addition to their excellent academic record.

What is your son's preference when it comes to the two schools? How does he feel about the commute?
TC1

Post by TC1 »

Thank you Poppety.

Cherryblossom, good to know your boys don't find the commute too bad. I think our son is happy he got into both, I think he preferred MGS slightly as they have more clubs and societies but he is more than happy to go to Altrincham, he's left it to us to decide. With the commute, I think we will probably do drop off and pick up for maybe the first year and then once he's settled, he can take tram. What time do your boys leave the house in the morning to get there in time?
cherryblossom

Post by cherryblossom »

Leave the house at 7.20 at the latest. We live near the tram stop. This is to allow for the walk to school as well at the other end.
mayday

Post by mayday »

Is the 288 bus any good?
Scooby12

Post by Scooby12 »

My son is going to AGSB but I’m wondering whether he’ll be able to get the tram to/from with his friends going to BTH. Does anyone know what time the schools start and whether they’re likely to be on the tram at the same time.
cherryblossom

Post by cherryblossom »

Hi Scooby12 Registration with their form starts at 8.40am at AGSB so maybe aim to be in class by 8.35am. Sorry don't know about BTH.
TC1

Post by TC1 »

We decided to go with AGSB. We found a bus route number 750 that stops near us. It's the one that goes to Loreto Grammar but stops on the way. This helped us with our decision as it only takes 30 mins each way and no change. Plus the bus is only for students attending those schools.
Happy now :D :
mmm1980

Post by mmm1980 »

what was the min score for out of chatchment for AGSB last entrace exam?