Alty Boys Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
caz

Post by caz »

as i already posted it doest matter if you are in trafford!!!!!!alty grammer is not a trafford school anymore !!!!!!!the places are going to the top marks!!even the head of alty boys said at one of the open evening its not a trafford school now,its a selective grammer now so dont worry if your out of the area
tirlam

Post by tirlam »

Caz I'm now really confused. This is not what the letter we received today says which talks about in and out of catchment!?
caz

Post by caz »

everyone is confused !alty is in high demend because there is not alot of grammers now!they can pick who they want !!there isnt a law saying they have to take trafford kids!and to get the best results their going to take the highest marks !my son go's to a very good school in trafford where 3 years ago most of the class passed (both boys and girls )last year 12 passed this year only 1 has passed .
tirlam

Post by tirlam »

Thanks for the advice Caz, I hope things work out for you lad.
caz

Post by caz »

thanks i hope u get a place go to the generel forum and read do familys really do this
Snoopysbestfriennd

Post by Snoopysbestfriennd »

On the web site they have an amazing after school programme which you can down load and print!! I have it already - looks very good. Lunch time activites and after school till 4.30pm :) :)
mum of three

Post by mum of three »

Hi - this is my first post. My son sat the entrance exam for Alti knowing that he had to get a very high score to gain a place at the school (out of area.)
We received the letter yesterday and he got 344 which is obviously a pass by 10 points which he should have been over the moon about, but instead he was upset that he didn't get 4 more marks to get within a chance of getting a place. He has been placed on the reserve list which the letter states no-one last year was taken off the list. He has also sat Urmston & Ambrose.. I am a bit confused at what to do next to do with the lea form ... any advice??
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Snoopy How do you access the after school info please, I couldn't find it?

Mum of 3-
RE the LEA form I would phone Trafford Admissions, Rosemary is very helpful. I think though if you pass all three and put Alty first, if they didn't take any from the reserve list then the first choice would default to the next school on your form.

Check that out though and don't just take my word for it.
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

Just to confirm - last year boys in the catchment area got preference then the remaining places were given to boys out of zone scoring more than a certain mark - I have heard 348 and 350 from 2 different sources. There are boys in Y7 who got the pass mark (334) but were in the catchment areas.
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

Just to confirm - last year boys in the catchment area got preference then the remaining places were given to boys out of zone scoring more than a certain mark - I have heard 348 and 350 from 2 different sources. There are boys in Y7 who got the pass mark (334) but were in the catchment areas.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now