st ambrose results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caz

Post by caz »

get alty results failed 306
cleo

Post by cleo »

I'm so sorry for you Caz. What is your back up plan?
Well done everyone who has passed so far. I,m dreading going home tonight!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

So sorry about that Caz. Lets keep our fingers crossed for the rest, it is the hardest one after all.

I know boys and girls last year who didn't get Alty but got the others comfortably.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

So sorry about that Caz. Lets keep our fingers crossed for the rest, it is the hardest one after all.

I know boys and girls last year who didn't get Alty but got the others comfortably.
caz

Post by caz »

back up plan is sale ambrose,booked in for manchester grammer exam but dont know if to put him in for that one now????just rang mgs to get their advice but they couldnt give me none
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Don't give up hope....

Alty is really hard, I'm sure you will get the result you need from the others.
In regard to MGS, I was told Alty was harder, have you looked a Cheadle Hulme or St Bedes as a backup?
St Bedes open evening tonight and again on Sat 7th Nov.
Cheadle Hulme is 14th Nov.

Best of luck fingers crossed on the others.
mums

Post by mums »

Sorry you didn't get the result you hoped for. A few words that I hope will offer some comfort. - My son managed to get a place a couple of years ago - he didn't get a really high score (just in, because we are out of area) however he got almost full marks in the Trafford exam (Sale was our plan B) I think the Altrincham exam is a toughie (Only one other passed in his primary school - some very bright kids did not pass) Just because your son didn't pass this exam doesn't mean he isn't capable of doing really well somewhere else, - all my son's old friends are doing well in their new(ish) schools.

Good Luck :)
Gatley

Post by Gatley »

Caz,

I'm gutted for you. My other son didn't get into Alty Boys a few years ago but he is excelling at his new school and is predicted straight A's in ten subjects at GCSE.....Good luck.
caz

Post by caz »

im gutted that he didnt pass .my son is overjoyed he got 306 ,the only reason that i am gutted is because i dont want him to go to a manchester school,if i knew he could get into a trafford school there wouldnt be a problem
cleo

Post by cleo »

Caz I went to the MGS open evening yesterday and my DS loved the school The pupils were polite and extremly helpful. You could tell they were proud of the school and more importantly enjoyed working and playing hard equally.

What MGS offers children is amazing. Even though my DS has passed Alty he still wants to sit MGS. I am happy that he has a place at Alty but if he passes we see what happens. Caz what I am trying to say is I know a couple of children who failed Alty (I hate using that word how can a 10 year old fail) but passed MGS. So DO NOT think he cannot pass MGS because he was unsuccessful at Alty.

Also my DS sat Sale, Urmston and Stretford and obviously if he passes he will not be taking the offer. I am sure they are many children who sat more than one paper and properly did better in one more than the other. Don't give up!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now