st ambrose results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caz

Post by caz »

i am confused now because i went to see his head this afternoon to see what she thought about putting him in for mgs and she told me not to cos it's harder than alty????????she's told me to put into north cestairn
cleo

Post by cleo »

Caz go on the MGS website and download the free past papers. Take a look at them and then decide if DS wants to sit the exam.
lxy

Post by lxy »

Hi Caz:

Cleo has good suggestion and I know a boy who didnot pass Altry but sucessed in MGS. I have downloaded MGS past paper, their Maths are very difficult, but at the open day, the boy who guided us said that the pass rate is about 50%! not as harder as Altry

Good luck to your son!
caz

Post by caz »

are we ever going to get these results!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I know!! :roll:

My friend has texted me from home, as I am away. No post at her house so I assume not at mine either!
Gman

Post by Gman »

Last year there were children that passed Ambrose but did not get in as he was not baptised Catholic and not in the area.

However the admissions process is being reviewed currently, and has not been published. Would say very unlikely to get if not Catholic, but that would depend on the new criteria.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

The draft criteria was posted to anyone who had applied for the exam and they were handing it out at the open day.

I can find mine but main thing I remember is that its

Looked after boys
Siblings
All other baptised catholics *

*as in doesn't matter where or at what school
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now