ALTY GIRLS.....totally confused.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Zed 1

Post by Zed 1 »

Forgot to say Alty last year said their numbers for intake were 189 but Year 7 actually has 224 boys. There are more than the usual number of boys in each class and we were told they were going to add another form to take the class numbers down to the usual size...not sure how this impacts on their admission numbers this year.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi Z1

Thanks for that, I feel a bit better knowing other children are getting on the bus.

He could get the train from Stockport, but maybe a bit too young in Y7.
hattie bobs

Re: ALTY GIRLS.....totally confused.

Post by hattie bobs »

Sorry - am not new to forum - read loads but dont post often - Just like to say how brilliant the forum is before maybe posting this is the wrong place!!?!

Does the above bus referred to in this ( sorry? v old) thread also go to Sale? Trying for AGSG and Sale and live in Stockport so need to think about travel to Sale ( just in case dont get AGSG ....)

Many thanks
HATTIEBOBS
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi hb
No the bus goes via cheadle heald green and airport. If I was going to Sale from our end I Would get to Palatine Road DIdsbury and get the 41 from there. The 370 and 371 would get near to Sale but not quite there I don't think? If I can find out anything else wil let you know.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
hattie bobs

Post by hattie bobs »

Thanks very much to both of you

So am I correct in thinking there is no bus to Sale unless get right into Didsbury? :( Or is there a bus ( but not school bus) from Cheadle?

Thanks again
HATTIEBOBS
emsy

Post by emsy »

It might be easier to get a bus to Altrincham then get the tram to Brooklands station - it is only a short walk to the school from there.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Alty train leaves at half seven from stockport :( we got it today as son wanted to get in early. Only every hour so next one would be too late. Otherwise train to town and tram to Sale?

I have seen a couple of girls in Sgs uniform on the train to Mcr then assume they get the tram. So it is do-able.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Alty train leaves at half seven from stockport :( we got it today as son wanted to get in early. Only every hour so next one would be too late. Otherwise train to town and tram to Sale?

I have seen a couple of girls in Sgs uniform on the train to Mcr then assume they get the tram. So it is do-able.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now