Need some advice on tutors

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Toobaab

Need some advice on tutors

Post by Toobaab »

Tutor is coming round today to meet my son and assess his level. Any ideas on questions to ask her or how to get an idea of how good she might be. I have a pretty good idea of what to ask but you know what they say 'Two heads are better than one...' and all that.

First impressions on the phone were good but I need results...don't we all!

Also, if anyone would be kind enough to PM any recommended tutors that would be a great help.

Regards

Toobaab
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

find out a bit about what your local 11+ entails, is it multiple choice, standard. Which subjects etc... Ask her what materials she uses...I once followed on froam atutor who was using material which was not at all relevant to the test in our area.

. Do they set homework? What form do the lessons take? Some tutors just have children do practice papers during a lesson (thankfuly not all do!)

Does she give feedback at the end of each lesson and keep you informed about what is going on?

Also watch how she interacts with your child and vice versa, a good relationship between pupil and teacher is very important
Toobaab

Post by Toobaab »

Thank you for the helpful reply...a tutor came round today and she seemed to have a good plan, gave feedback, lives fairly local and was nice and most important my son got on well with her.

Due back on Sunday...oh yes homework as well.