School allocation date - Anyone getting anxious?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snoopysbestfriennd

Post by Snoopysbestfriennd »

Hi Tm

Cannon Slade used to be a grammar school in Bolton and gets very good results. It is no longer a GS and you need to be a regular attender of any denomination of religion to attend..... not sure what chance we have of being successful. We live just outside Warrington towards Lymm. But I had friends from years ago who went and it does still maintain its great reutation - of course getting there could equally be challenging!! Least I drive past Altrincham to get to work every day - lets hope Trafford take pity on me :wink:

I'm doing WW at the moment and have lost 361lbs since October, but could have put them all on by next Tuesday the way I am going :)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I see! Fingers crossed for Alty then, the last thing you want is a big commute out of your way every morning. I really think you will be fine though and it won't be an issue.

Did you say 361 pounds? I think 36 pounds? Thats a magnificent effort and errrrmmm two stones and 8 pounds??? I am so impressed, I lost a pathetic half pound this week!!!

So will I be looking for the size zero mum in the playground then??? :lol:

I would be happy to squeeze back into a size 12 for the summer. But since my last post have had a another glass of wine and a curly wurly.

So thats me and Mrs AGSB unable to fit through the door by next Tuesday :wink:
Snoopysbestfriennd

quite right 36, I wish 361 but there wasn't quite that much of me to loose :)
Not quite a size zero, that just isn't me at all.... ever, even when a teenager...... then had twins, so dont really stand a chance!!

Just a normal size now really, but would like another 14 1bs off by June (holidays!!!!!!!)then can look good.

Have recently taken up roller skating, its AWESOME, have taken my 1st badge already, 2 hours every week for a fiver, amazing exercise and fun, dropped a trouser size without too much real effort :lol:

Glad you think we are in with a chance, still, its 6 sleeps till we know:)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Roller skating?That sound like fun exercise. :roll:

Well done for your impressive weight loss, keep your chin up for next week. I will keep my chins up!!!! :D
anxious loreto mum

Post by anxious loreto mum »

Oh I so enjoy reading this site, I don't feel quite so neurotic. :D

SBF, Twice the worry and what if's , my heart goes out to you.

Fingers crossed everyone, I can say for sure I will be driving home on Tuesday lunch to collect the post from the door mat... If postie not been I will driving around to find him !!!!

I am with you on the chocolate, crisps and wine, My diet seriously restarts March 3rd. :oops:

Lets keeps our chins ups TM,SBG, AGSB OB, CLEO..... Fingers, toes and everything else possible crossed.
NotAPushyMum

Post by NotAPushyMum »

Just wanted to add another anxious voice here. We've only just moved into the area and poor dd doesn't have a primary school place (appeal being heard next week). She's so fed up with no school that I can't even begin to think how she'll feel if she doesn't get into Alty (1st choice).

Our application was by post as we weren't in the area at the time, so I'm assuming I have to wait for a letter. Typically I have to do something at the time the postie arrives on Tuesday, so would kill for an email on Monday.

Anyway good luck all and thank you so much to those of you that gave me such great advice when dd was taking the exams.
Snoopysbestfriennd

I emailed Trafford today to ask whetehr there was any chance I could change my method of communication to email. I was told point blank NO. :? That they had thousands of people to communicate with and couldnt possibly alter my communication choice. That was me told :)

5 Sleeps. to go :)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

NAPM

Hope the move went well. Can't believe your girl has no school place!!

So whats going on, is she just at home? Thats awful. I really hope you get it sorted next week x

Re Alty, she passed and you are in area- so no probs there I think.

Only 5 sleeps!! :D
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

Snoopysbestfriennd wrote:I emailed Trafford today to ask whetehr there was any chance I could change my method of communication to email. I was told point blank NO.
I phoned Trafford today to find out if there was any chance I would be able to go in person to collect the letter (our results letter from AGSB never arrived - had to go to the school and get a copy). The woman I spoke to was a complete WITCH. Needless to say I got a flea in my ear, and will be waiting for the postman on Tuesday. Grrrr.
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

AGSB old boy wrote: a complete WITCH
DH says I shouldn't have said that.

But she was one. :mrgreen:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now