School allocation date - Anyone getting anxious?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Gatley

Post by Gatley »

Getting close.......Good luck everyone.

Remember big deep breadths:

In through the nose Out through the mouth.

:roll:
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Don't know if everyone is aware but..

Trafford don't coordinate with other authorities. So for us Stockport residents the offer from Stockport will be the Stockport school selected. Traffords offer will be posted separately on the 1st (confirmed with them yesterday).

Just don't want anyone not knowing this and then thinking that the Stockport offer is the only one.

Hope this helps.
Gatley

Post by Gatley »

Thanx for clearing that up TM.
Snoopysbestfriennd

In the same boat

Post by Snoopysbestfriennd »

This has to be the hardest week ever and I thought that waiting for the results was bad :( we are all suffering with nerves and the dreaded what if question.... I ended up putting down 7 schools after advice from Trafford. So I have schools in 3 areas and could end up with 3 offers, although I do not hold out that much hope for that happening :lol:

I have the boy/girl twins, so it seems doubly worse for me as if one gets in and one doesn't.... dont even want to go there.

and as I had so many choices, I wasn't able to submit by email so have to wait for the slowest post in the entire world. eek :roll:

Good luck everyone :!:
cleo

Post by cleo »

Hi Snoopysbest friend where have you been hiding? I totally agree with this being a much harder week then result weeks. I can't believe how slow this week is going. I suppose it doesn't help that I am constantly thinking what if...

Only four days left after today.

If i remember you have twins? Are there 2 boys?
Snoopysbestfriennd

Boy and girl, sorry not been on for a while but need the support now from all you guys. I feel sick every time I think about it :)
cleo

Post by cleo »

I totally know how you feel? This site is actually keeping me sane (just about). Have you Alty as your first choice or would you like your twins to go to the ame school?

Keep well :D we'll soon find out either way.
Snoopysbestfriennd

Well Cleo, we do have alti boys/girls down as 1st choice, then Urmston and sale, then I have cannon Slade in Bolton, followed by 3 schools in our own locality!! What about you?
We miss out on being in Alti girls catchment by 0.065m !! silly crow. Of course the boys is completely different and my son did fairly well so my toes are perm crossed xx
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

SBF

I think being so close to the catchment, you will be fine.

Canon Slade is a bit of a new one! Just out of interest, where do you live? I think I though South Manchester but I could be wrong? Is it a good school?

I feel a bit better tonight. Went to Slimming World, had a glass of wine and some crisps ( have to do it tonight as a full week to next weigh in!) :lol:

Have planned a busy weekend to take my mind off it. Not sure how I will cope on Tues though knowing the letter is lying on the mat, might have to come home at dinnertime ( all the way from Manchester to Stockport).

On top of it all I have a sticky 'k' key on my keyboard- most annoying.

Keep in touch everyone and lets help each other through the next difficult few days. Then if we are all lucky, I will have a new worry- that he won't know anyone at Alty and will be lonely!!! :roll:
AGSB old boy

Post by AGSB old boy »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:SBF

Went to Slimming World, had a glass of wine and some crisps ( have to do it tonight as a full week to next weigh in!) :lol:
My DH is "comfort eating" (troughing) her way through whatever's in the kitchen till the letter arrives - postman had better not be late on Tues - if he wants to see Wednesday!!

Can't believe how these last few weeks have dragged. Keeping fingers crossed for all.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now