Stockport redsidents - Have you heard this / know anything ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gatley too

Stockport residents - Have you heard this / know anything ?

Post by gatley too »

Hi

I am really baffled - After confirming a change of email addr with Stockport School admissions - I asked just to confirm for my own curiosity that Stockport would inform us the outcome of the Trafford School selected .
Response " Trafford operates separately and will write to you and inform the outcome of the decision, If a Manchester / Stockport school, Stockport Admissions would advise you. In this instance you will potentially receive two offers - One from Stockport and a letter from Trafford Lea"

Does anyone know if this is correct information?
Now I am really confused...........
:? :? :?
Gman

Post by Gman »

It is correct. This year if you apply to schools in 2 or more LA you could get first offers from each LA.

I understand that from next year your own LA will oc-ordinate the offers so you will only get one 1st offer.
gatley too

Post by gatley too »

Oh no the suspense ... We'll have to wait for the postman on the 2nd/3rd of March

Aghhh
:shock: :shock:
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

I thought that the Stockport offer would be the one allocated no matter which LA it came under? Now I'm confused?
gatley too

Post by gatley too »

Hi TM,

Glad I was not the only confused one !!

I have just rang Trafford LEA and they confirm correct, Some borough's do share the information but Trafford go it alone and send there own offers out - So we will get two - Stockport & Trafford

They won't email us or let us ring, we have to wait for the postie again... It will be like results day all over again.

I'll need to try and grow those nails, to allow me to bite even further.

Do you think we are mad or is every parent anxious?
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

So likely to be 2 March when the postman comes, which for us is afternoon and I'm at work anyway!!!

Will have to keep an eye on this site and watch the offers trickle in. Then should be able to gauge which school offered.

So stressful! :roll:
cleo

Post by cleo »

Hi all,
Third week has started 14 days left!

Won't Trafford send the offers out at the same time, regardless of where you live? Thus you should receive the letters the same day as Trafford residence.

I can't believe how stressed I am. I did not think I would be feeling like this back in September. I was so relieved the exams were over. I don't think I was this stressed waiting for the results.

The half term holidays are not helping - at least at work the children kept me busy :lol: (I've still got planning to do!). The frustrated thing is no one else seems to be phased in my household just ME. :o
gatley too

Post by gatley too »

Hi Cleo

I think I'll be a wreck, and totally agree with you about the stress levels - It wasn't this bad in October.

I was hoping to get the email on the 1st from Stockport but now will have to wait the extra day / two knowing the postie to hear from Trafford!
Crikes....... This time in two weeks we will know the outcome !

Fingers crossed for everyone
GT.
xx :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now