Looking for help/hope/amything!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caz

Post by caz »

just wanted to let you all know with alot of help from my son's head we found out yesterday my son is going to ncgs,hope everyone else who are stlll waiting for places find out soon,and thank you to everyone who has supported me in the past few crazy months, :) :) :)
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Caz

Thats wonderful news! So you got the bursary you were after then? So chuffed for you, bet thats a huge weight off your mind.

:D :D :D

Happy days.....
Snoopysbestfriennd

Post by Snoopysbestfriennd »

Caz you must be over the moon!! :lol: as must be your son. Just goes to show that persistance pays off. CONGRATULATIONS :wink:
tirlam

Post by tirlam »

Well done!

I'm still waiting. Spoke to LEA who still havn't sorted out waiting lists. Spoke to school who are waiting for LEA!
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Hi Tirlam

How frustrating! I wondered whether you would have spoken to the school on Friday. Hope you hear something very soon.
Mike_Reed

Post by Mike_Reed »

I spoke to school but wouldnt release any information about places available. She did say for Altrincham that places are available as a significant number pf parents went to independant schools - but wouldnt tell me exactly how many - :?:

More bitten nails and frustration - I am hoping its not to long :(
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Thats encouraging Mike, were you referring to girls school only (I think you have a daughter?) or were the LA referring to both Boys and Girls schools when they said parents had turned places down?
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

Thanks for the info Mike, that's given me a bit of hope - is April 17th the date for the next lot of offers?

My daughter is quite happy with her second choice, but I'm really praying loads of girls are going to Withington/MHSG instead!
Snoopysbestfriennd

Post by Snoopysbestfriennd »

Where did April 17th come from? I have not heard anything about this. Has this come from the school or Trafford LEA?

Be interested to know. Thanks :?
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

Snoopysbestfriennd wrote:Where did April 17th come from? I have not heard anything about this. Has this come from the school or Trafford LEA?

Be interested to know. Thanks :?
The letter from Altrincham Girls saying we didn't have a place said that we could put our name down on the waiting list and "Should you still not be offered a place by 17th April 2010, you may wish to appeal against the decision" etc. etc.

I think I just extrapolated from that! I think that that's the last date we will have heard by for this first round of acceptances.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now