Urmston Grammar to become an Academy !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ManYou

Urmston Grammar to become an Academy !

Post by ManYou »

I hope it doesn't go the same way as William Hulme Grammar.....downhill !

Selection based on mixed ability.

WHG apparently do have a test but then select the top, middle and bottom 33%....great idea guys....NOT !
caz

Re: Urmston Grammar to become an Academy !

Post by caz »

i totally agree what a stupid idea,why cant they just leave the grammers alone,have the people who come up with the this idea stood in a extrance exam line ?why dont they reliese people want grammer schools,mixed ability does not work,why should some children be stuck behind feeling bored ,and why should some children be rushed feeling that they are behind ,the school that my son got offered which turns into a acadamy in sep has 150 places on offer they have only got 81 places filled, the grammer he passed for had over 200 appeals for places ,can't these people do maths !i'm very lucky and didnt have to take this offer but i feel so sorry for people who have no choice it's like you are being forced into taking the places that they offer,where has the choice gone ?why should we be forced into these places ,i refused the offer ,the school kept sending me begging letter saying they would keep the place open ,after the 3rd letter it was getting on my nerves,so i rang them to say stop sending me letters,the woman on the phone said to me ,you havnt had a other offer from anywhere else so i suggest you take this offer or your son will have no school,shock in her voice when i told her that my son was going to ncgs ,the woman didnt even know where i was talking about !one of my son's friends mum went to sale grammer appeal today ,it scared her to death ,it was a 8 panel appeal ,she said she wanted to cry,why should parents have to do this ?we are only trying to get our kids into good schools ,if the kids are able why should they be stopped ,equal opps doesnt exist with grammer capable kids !lets just stick them in the same class and hope for the best!!!!some people might think this is too strong but this really winds me up ,
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now