Pass mark/percentage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TraffordMum

Re: Pass mark/percentage

Post by TraffordMum »

AGGS don't publish that information. You could always try calling the school and asking and, if they are unhelpful, consider making a request under the Freedom of Information Act.

Please note though, that in the current Year 7 there are only 174 girls, whilst in Years 8, 9 and 10 there are 203 girls, an extra class of 29 having been admitted in each of those years even though the PAN is 174.

I do not know what the school's intentions are for the 2011 Y7 intake - ie if they will stick to PAN like 2010, or if they will take an extra 29. I think it is logical to assume, though, that the girl living the furthest distance away from the school in each of Years 8, 9 and 10, will be further afield than that same girl in Year 7.

That said, Lymm (I think that is WA13?) is usually safe for a place. I don't know how far the current Year 7 goes out beyond Lymm (although I know that it does), but I can tell you that there are girls in Years 8-10 who hail from the far side of Warrington, Stockport, Salford and the south of Knutsford.
jr1

Post by jr1 »

Thanks that's a releif to know she is very likely to get a place.
jr1
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

Jr - we are nearly 6 miles away and my daughter got in - not in the first round, but in the second when, obviously some girls had decided to go to MHSG etc. Her friend, who lives about half a mile nearer did get in first round.

In case anyone is worrying about their daughter's 'low' :? score - mine only passed by one mark but has been getting higher than average marks in most work, and got the highest mark in her class for her first piece of English work :D I think she was worrying about girls who had passed with higher marks but has been reassured very quickly.
Dougal

Post by Dougal »

That's good to hear as my daughter only just passed AGGS and I have been worrying about her struggling at the bottom of the class
emsy

Post by emsy »

My daughter didn't even reach the pass mark at Sale 2 years ago - she had been expected to pass and got in on appeal. She is comfortably in the top third of the class and top set in maths.