Tutoring after 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

josepea

Tutoring after 11+

Post by josepea »

Hi,

My son recently took 4 entrance exams but only passed one. I didn't get him a tutor for the exams, but did work with him myself-because of his results,I now regret this!. I now find myself worrying that he might struggle when he goes to secondary/grammar school as the exam he passed he only scraped through. Does anybody have any good tutors they can recommend in the Urmston/Stretford area just to sure up his English/Maths and give him confidence?

Thanks for any help/advice

Josepea
:oops:
yoyo123

Re: Tutoring after 11+

Post by yoyo123 »

he did pass..lots of children who are tutored don't!

maybe wait and see how he copes? he may surprise you!

(and I speak as professional tutor..)
moved

Post by moved »

I agree wholeheartedly with Yoyo. If a child gets through with minimal preparation then they are highly likely to thrive.
mad?

Post by mad? »

I'm not a tutor, but a Y7 and Y9 parent and I couldn't agree more with yoyo and moved. If your child has done it on ability then they will thrive!
mad?
josepea

Post by josepea »

Thanks everybody for the assurance. I found all the posts on this thread very helpful.D.s isn't concerned, it's just me. BUt yes, I need to concentrated on the fact that he passed.........

Josepea
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

My daughter only "scraped through" last year and is absolutely fine so far :D
Gman

Post by Gman »

The biggest help you can provide for your child at secondary school is showing an interest in their studies.

That would mean regularly checking their homework diaries or school books. Quizzing them on what they are learning, and mosty importantly having an open relationship such that if your child is struggling they know you will listen, be non judgemental and help them find the solution.
josepea

Post by josepea »

Gman wrote:The biggest help you can provide for your child at secondary school is showing an interest in their studies.

That would mean regularly checking their homework diaries or school books. Quizzing them on what they are learning, and mosty importantly having an open relationship such that if your child is struggling they know you will listen, be non judgemental and help them find the solution.
Thank you for that. My son is not very open and I do have to almost nag him to get any info. out of him. I suspect it will get more difficult as he gets older

Josepea
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now