Pass rates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

P

Pass rates

Post by P »

Does anyone know what the pass rates required. I've got some of the sample papers to give us an idea of how well we think our son would do and whether we think he is at the required level to get into one of the Trafford grammar schools. Would be grateful for any advice to prepare him. I think he is intelligent enough but may struggle a little with being timed as he does tend to take his time
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

The pass mark for the 11+ in Trafford this year (2006 for 2007 entry) was 353 out of a possible 423. Since there are three papers (VR, NVR and maths) that gives an average on each paper of 117/118. Obviously if a child is great at maths, say, and scores 130 on that paper, they have room to do less well on the other papers and still achieve the 353 pass mark.

It's hard to correlate these standardised marks with the % your child gets in practice tests. We were told that our child should be aiming for the 80+% mark in practice tests to be on target, but I have no empirical evidence for this.

In terms of timing, whilst it's ideal if your child does finish the papers, it's not essential. Mine didn't finish either the NVR or the Maths papers and passed well with good marks in both.

Post by Guest »

I believe it is around 80%
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now