Loreto maths paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

madsdad

Loreto maths paper

Post by madsdad »

Hi can anybody give me some pointers as to how hard the Loreto Maths paper is. The school write this paper themselves so it is not an NFER/GL one.

Does anybody know if any of the following have come up in previous years:-

Nets of a cube

Conversions from imperial lengths to metric lengths eg height etc

Walking patterns charted on a drawing say for a postman so that he doesn't go up the same street twice

Simple algebra (equations)

Any other info regarding other harder type questions not listed above would be appreciated.

My DD is continuing to get a range of scores on the NFER/GL sample papers. These are ranging from 30/50 to 44/50 depending on the paper. Everybody quotes 80% as the passmark figure but how do people know this if the schools don't reveal their scores. Just worried she may have a bad day and only get 60% on the maths paper....would this be good enough to pass? She is getting 70-80% plus on English and VR.

Tao

Re: Loreto maths paper

Post by Tao »

Hi Madsdad, I don't know the answer to any of your specific questions about maths but I have had feedback from children who have sat both Loreto and Alty. They found the Loreto maths paper slightly easier and based on maths that they had covered in yr 5. Obviously they take the exam at the beginning of year 6 so I think they probably have it right, rather than expecting them to know more advanced stuff. Of couse papers will vary in complexity from year to year so it might not always be so....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now