Altrincham grammar exams, how did it go?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
saleiron

Re: Altrincham grammar exams, how did it go?

Post by saleiron »

I went through all this in 2006 with DS1 but it seems much more stressful this time. DS2 is much less academically talented than his brother who sailed through all the exams and passed them all with large margins. DS2 is closer to the border line and so it is hard to say which way it will go. I was so proud of him on Saturday for tackling it with composure and trying his best. He didn't finish the maths or NVR but seemed to think the VR was ok. I am not going to worry as he was as well prepared as i think necessary and so if he doesn't pass then it's not the right school for him. Two more weekends of tests to go. This coming saturday is the big one for him as he really wants to go to St Ambrose. I hope the stress for us parents is much worse than for the children, it does worry me that his confidence will plummet if he doesn't pass any. Giving lots of positive reinforcement and cuddles at the moment, which helps me !!!!
Grongo04

Post by Grongo04 »

Thanks for the reassuring comments. They certainly have helped me rationalise my thoughts. I hope we will be the ones reassuring anxious parents this time next year!
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
flossey

Post by flossey »

Hi , my son sat AGSB and only did 16/17 of the 20 nvr and missed the last 10 of the vr. Really don't know how he has done!- he is doing Sale this Sat (had said to hubby if he comes out saying he hated it he didnt have to do Sale but he said he wanted to) . He heard one lad being sick in the toilets and one hyperventilated in the class and went out- how do you get the balance right regarding "geeing" them up for exam and not putting too much pressure on ? I feeling quite sick about Sat again now but trying not to pass it on.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now