Alti boys results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TIDDLYMUM

Re: Alti boys results

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Within 20 marks of pass of 334, they review all papers based on the English piece and either pass the paper and amend to 334R or don't pass and mark stays as is and therefore not a pass. Really only relevant for in area boys because Out of area a pass of 334 wouldn't get you a place anyway, in normal circumstances. I think the initial offers went out at around 355 for out of area last year, but the school would be able to tell you. Year before it was 351, some allocated at 351 some not, but second offers were later made.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Chorltonmum wrote:What is the review for at Agsb and how does it work?
The passmark for AGSB is 334. If a child misses that score by up to 20 marks then firstly they look at the piece of creative writing done by that boy in the exam. As long as you ticked the appropriate box on the application form, they can also contact the primary school that the boy attends to basically ask if the school would recommend him as suitable for a grammar school education. I've heard different stories about the scope of this primary school contact. Some say it involves a visit to the primary school by a member of the AGSB staff. Some say it is a written recommendation only. I suspect there may be a difference in approach based on the previous relationship between the primary school and AGSB. Then, basically, some boys are elevated to the passmark as a result of the review and get a mark 334R.
punkyfish

Post by punkyfish »

Am wondering if Alty Boys results should be in the post tomorrow, if they are due next week? Such a long wait :!:
agsbmum

Post by agsbmum »

Rang the school ( Alty Boys ) today out of frustration, the lady in the reception said that they have no dates yet. Looks like its going to be next week !
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
JMG

Post by JMG »

:( great, I was really hoping they might be out by the weekend. This waiting is killing me! Why are Alty the only grammar school to take 4 wks to mark their papers!
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Well, at least you don't have to wait until March and Allocation Day to find out if it's a pass/fail like some regions do. Small comfort, I know.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Will it be the standardisation? Instead of using standardisation tables already produced when using a national standardisation, they will have to generate their own tables. And then there's the review for the boys' school. If AGGS are posting on Friday then AGSB will be mid next week if it's anything like the last x number of years.

Heck! I don't know! Maybe you could stop drumming your fingers on the table now and start on the fingernail biting? Then we can move on to a group hug followed by feet tapping and then throwing our toys out of the cot. That'll take everyone up to the post arriving on Saturday. We'll need to have a think about next week ;)
JMG

Post by JMG »

From what I could tell Sale had by far the most children taking the entrance exam and it doesn't take them 4 weeks to release results!