Stretford Grammar Results have arrived

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

punkyfish

Stretford Grammar Results have arrived

Post by punkyfish »

Hope you all got good news for Stretford. At last some good news - A comfortable pass :D What a relief. Have been looking at some of our secondary moderns though and was very impressed with experience and prognosis for their top set pupils, so is likely to be a hard decision. We are looking round Stretford on Friday. Well done to all the children who stuck at it and tried hard, whether they passed or not. Many capable children don't make it when they would do well at a grammar school and will also do well elsewhere, but so nice for once to have been on the receiving end of good news. And reaffirming for my ds, after a tough few weeks :D
hermanmunster

Re: Stretford Grammar Results have arrived

Post by hermanmunster »

glad hear you got some good news today! Well done to your DS - hope the visit goes OK.
JMG

Post by JMG »

Our stretford results haven't arrived and the postman has been :( , more waiting!
JMG

Post by JMG »

Sorry forgot to say congratulations to your ds punkyfish, some well deserved good news! :D
ugsmum

Post by ugsmum »

Stretford included a breakdown of marks for each paper aswell as standardised scores which was interesting.

DS only scored 28 out of 50 in the maths but this translated as 124 ( he's an April birthday) a comfotable pass.

He said the maths was harder than the other 3 schools which his scores reflect.

Hope this gives hope to those still waiting for results!
punkyfish

Post by punkyfish »

JMG - Good luck for Monday - sorry you have to wait these extra days :( My son's maths score was 126 also 28/50 questions (August birthday) His experiene of the difficulty in maths was Sale hardest, then Stretford, Altrincham and Urmston respectively. Nice to see the raw scores for a change! So decision time coming up with just over a week to submit the Trafford form. I am wondering whether a pass for Stretford would help an appeal for Sale, which would be a so convenient five minute walk! :D :D
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Really pleased for your good news Pf :D :P :D
JMG

Post by JMG »

At last some good news, my ds passed for stretford :D Does anyone know if passing for one grammar school helps your appeal for another ie/ sale our first choice, as already have 1 dd there and its literally down the road for us!
punkyfish

Post by punkyfish »

Great news, very pleased for you JMG and for your dd, well done to her. I don't know the answer to your question, but I imagine a pass at an alternative grammar school should help an appeal elsewhere. I hope so as also live a few minutes walk from SGS and am planning on an appeal too! :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now