11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
TraffordMum

Re: Trafford Results' Thread

Post by TraffordMum »

Excellent news :)
agsbmum

Post by agsbmum »

Good news from my side as well. DS made it to AGSB. On cloud nine and to be honest relieved as well. All those hours of hard work have paid off and he's worked extremely hard this year. Very proud of him.

Congratulations for those who got their schools of choice.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Would be useful if anyone has info on the ooc score required this year to get a place at AGSBplease?It crept up last year from the year before and I have a couple of friends who are considering sitting their boys for next year. I believe 355 last year?

A interesting point I noticed on the proposed admissions arrangements for 2013 is that they have reduced the score which is afforded an internal review from within 20 marks of the pass mark to 12 marks.

Not relevant for OOC of course who need a higher mark than the pass mark- but relevant for those in catchment.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Elphaba wrote:There have been 10 or 11 OOA offers that I know of at ds's school - the lowest score I'm aware of is 357 (that's not my ds) but most of those that I know of got way more than that.

Yes it was 355 last year (348 and 349 the previous 2 years). I thought the score might go up to 358, 360 but obviously not. It would be interesting to hear of any lower scores getting OOA offers.

Regarding changing the review to within 12 marks - maybe they are finding that only those within 12 marks are being adjusted to a pass on review OR maybe they are finding they are getting lots of high scorers OOA and they'd rather take those than boys in catchment getting around the pass mark? Don't know, just guessing.
I suspect it's just sheer numbers involved. I am fairly sure that numbers applying to AGSB are increasing year on year and a normal distribution of pass marks would see a large bulge around the 334 point. That means that the number of boys scoring 314-333 will be increasing and time and money means they need to reduce the number being reviewed to a more manageable number.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Last edited by jugglermum on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Congratulations on your daughter's AGGS place. I hope she'll enjoy it as much as my daughters do.

And I am glad we could help and support you on your journey. Do you have more children to go through the ordeal? :wink:
ugsmum

Post by ugsmum »

There is a cryptic entry on UGS website implying there are still places available if anyone is interested.

They have also set the date for Exam for 2013 entry as one week after AGSB /AGGS
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now