AGGS Waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
overanxious

Re: AGGS Waiting list

Post by overanxious »

Nothing for us, luckily my daughter has pretty much stopped caring and had a great time at her school transition day.

I was really hoping someone here would have some news to celebrate! (any excuse for wine :D )
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

Nothing here either not that we expected a phone call anyway.

It would be really nice to hear that someone has had a call though and their child has been invited to tomorrows new intake day. :)
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

I'm hoping determined daddy hasn't posted because he can't see the keyboard after consuming huge amounts of champagne :D
determineddaddy

Post by determineddaddy »

No one has been phoned today with an appeal result.

Because of parents communicating through an online forum (presumably this one) the school felt unable to phone through successful appeal results in case parents posted their results.

They are posted snail mail by the appeals clerk.

Sadly this means that any girl whose appeal is upheld will miss the induction day tomorrow.

Perhaps the only good news here is that getting no news today was not necessarily bad news.

Once again there was as of today no further movement in the waiting list.
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Last edited by jugglermum on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

The school should not be blaming parents for 'communicating' (how very dare we), but looking at its appeal process organisation. If they want girls at the induction day then the decisions need making earlier. I refuse to believe that it is impossible to find a panel that could not sit before the beginning of July. They are attempting to deflect the blame.

This forum has saved my bl***y sanity over the last few months, I'm not having any school try and be negative about it!
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

It is a shame if any successful appellant is denied a chance to attend the induction day because the school can't get its appeals done in a timely fashion.

I can't imagine how stressful it must be for all of you waiting for the letter (and who spent all day hoping for a phone call).

Come on, AGGS. You are an excellent school but I think you let yourself down over your appeals process and leave yourself open to accusations of a whitewash. An independent panel allegedly not questioning the school's case (leaving aside the issue of why they don't hold a Stage 1 group appeal for all parents where the school's case is examined) is not appropriate. Please have another look at the whole system and make improvements. You hold yourself to such high standards for everything else. You owe your prospective students this. You really do.
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

TraffordMum wrote:Come on, AGGS. You are an excellent school but I think you let yourself down over your appeals process and leave yourself open to accusations of a whitewash.
I agree wholeheartedly. AGGS you really do need to review your appeals process.

I understand why no phone calls were made as it could be be classed as unfair if all appellants did not have their results given at the same time. However if the last appeal date was not so close to the induction day no successful children would have had to miss it even if they had to wait the full 5 days after the last appeal for their answer. Also if the date was earlier unsuccessful appellants would be able to move on and focus on the school they have been allocated.

I hope that by next year AGGS has revised their appeal dates to take into account the problems encountered this year so none else has to be in this horrible position.

As an aside what a strange year it has been in Trafford with so many successful appeals for Sale :D , AGGS only being able to offer 1 place from the waiting list :( and Urmston having had some spare places :) .
eacb.2

Post by eacb.2 »

Has anyone actually received a letter from school yet?
Its now 3 days since the last appeals and we are still left waiting and wondering. I personally don't see that it would have been a problem phoning the successful candidates as we will all find out the results in the end anyway and lets face it most of us will be devastated to have lost our appeal - perhaps shall I hazard a guess at say 2 families may be celebrating?!!!!!! If the school did not want to phone the appeal results through have they heard of email ? 1st class mail?
They are playing with peoples lives here and it is very disappointing and stressful.
As far as I'm aware they have 5 days after the last appeal to let us know the outcome so by my reckoning, as there's no post on Sunday we should all receive a letter tomorrow at the latest - unless we've missed out on ours today and you all already know!!!
eacb.2

Post by eacb.2 »

Oh no - I've just re read the stuff on the forum about decision letters and its 5 SCHOOL DAYS! That means we could be waiting til next Tuesday 10th. I can't cope with this .....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now