St. Ambrose

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pumpkin Pie

St. Ambrose

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Good luck to all the boys taking the St. Ambrose entrance exam tomorrow. Hope you are all successful. The new school is fab and they are taking on more students too!

Best of luck boys! x
Cupcake

Re: St. Ambrose

Post by Cupcake »

Second that Pumpkin Pie. Good luck to everyone, out of interest what is the number of boys to be admitted compared to previous years? We are lowest priority category so haven't taken much notice tbh but we live quite close to the school so seemed worth at least a try!
aishajoy

Post by aishajoy »

My son got offered Sept 2012 the place out of area (stockport ) and lowest category . The school is amazing
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

I think they now take 150!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake »

Thank you for the feedback. Was your son offered a place through the normal allocation route aishajoy? I had heard of 1 or 2 boys in the lowest priority category getting a places after an appeal but not first time round so that is very interesting.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

I'd be interested to hear more about that too :)
catmum

Post by catmum »

By lowest category I guess you mean number 9 on the oversubscription criteria i.e not catholic or other faith and not in area? I understand once they become oversubscribed they allocate further places according to exam result rather than category ( not quite sure how that works though as I though oversubscribed meant full!?) so I guess your son scored highly.

The official published planned admission number states 129, Trafford admissions info publishes actual school admission numbers and which criteria was reached on allocations for each school, however St Ambrose's section on this table reveals nothing and just states-contact the school ( the only one that does this!).