SGS exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
aharris

SGS exam

Post by aharris »

The clock is ticking fast, 6th October-SGS exam and it will relieve the pressure from the DD/DS. It is really hard for them to stay fit, prepare for the exam for such an extended period.

My DD seems exhausted-went for AGGS-Urmston-Stretford finally Sale. Just after stretford exam she was sick, now a bit better.

How DD/DS doing?
ManYou

Re: SGS exam

Post by ManYou »

My daughter started winding down after ALTY girls exam! she has only been doing a couple of practice papers in between the exam dates. Didn't want to put any pressure as she had been working very hard for the three months prior the Alty exam.

We are also relieved it will all be over until results day anyway. :evil:
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

My daughter came out of this exam a lot more positive than the AGGS exam. It's a good sign but not one that can be taken too seriously. All over now thank goodness. Im so glad that the test papers can now be put into the recycling bin, never to be seen again :o Time for a treat! :D
aharris

Post by aharris »

My DD showed more relieved than what she has done in the exam when she came out from SGS as it is all over now and that's the joy.
Her feeling was Math and Verbal better than AGGS but NVR not as good as Alty.
waiting for the envelope.
Fingers crossed.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Last edited by countrymum on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

Every girl (except two) in my daughters class have been taking the exams so they're all talking about it. A bit too difficult to hide from it. Its going to be a very emotional day for them all when the envelopes come.

Yes, as you say, there are more important things to worry about. If your DD or DS is a clever little clogs they'll do well no matter what school they go to.
gatleymum

Post by gatleymum »

For us, this seemed to go better than AGGS, DD managed to answer most of it, seemed more relaxed and confident. Just been for a curry to celebrate end of exams. (until the next one in two years..!)
aharris

Post by aharris »

Any one knows when the Alty girls results will be posted.
It has been mentioned, in their website, it will be posted by 15th October and if not heard by then to call admission secretary.

If so, does it mean we can expect post any day now? Am I wrong? If anyone possibly can share past experience re this, would be much appreciated.
BLY73

Post by BLY73 »

I wondered if some results may have gone in the post today as all the exams are now over, but I do not know - maybe just wishful thinking!
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

The AGGS exam results will be posted out this Friday via 2nd class post so you should have the results on Monday 15th. I don't know about the Sale results but I think it's the following week. We need to give them time to mark 15,000 test papers after all!