Catchment for SGS - is Hale too far?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Halemum

Catchment for SGS - is Hale too far?

Post by Halemum »

Hi. My DD sat the exam this morning with what looked like 10,000 other children. I'm just wondering, if she passes, would she have a chance of getting a place even though we live iles away in Hale (as the crow flies)?

Are we too far? Obviously children in Altrincham, Sale and Timperley would get priority as they are closer. Are there any parents out there who live this sort of distance or further who could reassure me please?
Last edited by Halemum on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
emsy

Re: Catchment for SGS - is Hale too far?

Post by emsy »

You should be fine - all catchment children have got places in the last few years. This year everyone who wanted a place got one and there were spare spaces in March but this is unusual and may not happen again.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

Thank you emsy for taking the time to reply. That's good news. Let's just hope she passes now. Fingers crossed!
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Think M33, WA14 WA15 and M23 are priority catchments and believe if you get super duper ranking top score catchment doesn't even come into it.

Apologies not very technical answer regarding the score thing, hopefully someone shall come along and explain it better.