Results Service

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

madsdad

Re: Results Service

Post by madsdad »

countrymum wrote:Thank you again, honestly am a little shell shocked. Have just updated the mock thread on here (her mock result really wasn't very good, and certainly wouldn't have been a pass) Nervous for AGGS now!!

Good luck everyone x

Any news Madsdad? Thinking of you
No post yet.....think I may start driving around the local roads, mug the postman and demand our letters. How dare Royal Mail not deliver to us first!!!
Well done Countrymum on your DD's result. You must be very proud. My DD1 is in year 7 and she said there is a girl in her class who isn't Catholic and who is also out of catchment so there is hope if you really did want to send your DD there. Did it say what the pass mark was.....you are allowed to say it on here? No pressure if you'd rather not. Just interested to see if it was the same as last year which was 338.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

madsdad wrote:
countrymum wrote:Thank you again, honestly am a little shell shocked. Have just updated the mock thread on here (her mock result really wasn't very good, and certainly wouldn't have been a pass) Nervous for AGGS now!!

Good luck everyone x

Any news Madsdad? Thinking of you
No post yet.....think I may start driving around the local roads, mug the postman and demand our letters. How dare Royal Mail not deliver to us first!!!
Well done Countrymum on your DD's result. You must be very proud. My DD1 is in year 7 and she said there is a girl in her class who isn't Catholic and who is also out of catchment so there is hope if you really did want to send your DD there. Did it say what the pass mark was.....you are allowed to say it on here? No pressure if you'd rather not. Just interested to see if it was the same as last year which was 338.
Crikey I'm as nervous as you now ;)

Right I have pm'd you anyway is a bit lower than last year.

Thank you so much for the supportive and encouraging comments above, it's second nature to say when ever I mention DD took the L exam 'oh she won't get in whatever hapoens' and almost feel a little embarrassed that I even let her take it as is almost a cert she won't get in. I do worry about people thinking me daft bothering to let het take it but she really liked it, I LOVE the blazers ;) so I just thought why not?

Right hurry up Madsdad's postie!!
Last edited by countrymum on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Well, even if she doesn't get a place, countrymum, she's earned the blazer. You could buy one and just wear it at home with the curtains closed :lol:

Just to let you all know the general philosophy here (with my moderator's hat on) - it's not normally the done thing to disclose scores when scores don't form part of the oversubscription process. i.e. if all you need to do is pass and score doesn't then come into it, then we prefer you not to disclose scores. I won't edit your daughter's fabulous result out, because I understand the motives behind you posting it and am very happy for you, but if the thread develops into a score-posting frenzy, then I'll have to do something.
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

No post for us today, not even a bank statement! Doh! We did not sit Loretto so was not waiitng for that one!

Congratulations to CM and her little one.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

TraffordMum wrote:Well, even if she doesn't get a place, countrymum, she's earned the blazer. You could buy one and just wear it at home with the curtains closed :lol:

Just to let you all know the general philosophy here (with my moderator's hat on) - it's not normally the done thing to disclose scores when scores don't form part of the oversubscription process. i.e. if all you need to do is pass and score doesn't then come into it, then we prefer you not to disclose scores. I won't edit your daughter's fabulous result out, because I understand the motives behind you posting it and am very happy for you, but if the thread develops into a score-posting frenzy, then I'll have to do something.

:oops: :oops: So many apologies TM, was excepting a very different outcome so couldn't help but want to share. Totally understand as L is not score relevant and have gone back and edited all my posts mentioning scores which on reflection was probably insensitive of me. x
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Well done CountyMum- you must be so proud. Loreto has done well getting the results out so quickly- we sat St A the week before and no sign of that or Alty boys.
Im keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!! x
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

That's very understanding of you, CM. Thanks for doing that. I'm sorry for raining on your parade on a really special day for you. It's such a traumatic time doing these exams and waiting for results that it is totally understandable when you get such an amazing result that you want to tell people. I've got my fingers crossed for the AGGS result for you - makes it quite hard to type. :wink:
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Well done Countrymum, you should be so proud. I am a proud mama too as my daughter got a super score too. Have loved your posts in the last few days and I have felt all your emotions too! Best of luck to your DD! xx
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Awww thanks TM, really appreciate your understanding. Hopefully those who have kind of got to know me on here over time shall know wasn't done with any 'nah nah nah nah' behind it and always try to be empathetic to others still waiting.

As for the blazer, it may go on my Christmas wish list, only to becworn in secret ;) So very Joules-esque!

Good positive vibes for anyone waiting for Loreto results.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Well done Pumpkin Pie!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now