AGGS Results....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

TIDDLYMUM

Re: AGGS Results....

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

**** hath no fury like an offended beautician :D :D

Having once had an accidental strip torn out of one of my eyebrows when the wax strip slipped, I am now very careful of who I let loose on me.I looked like a rapper or a footballer :lol:

Worse still it was my 40th birthday party for a mere 200 people that night, and as necessity is the mother of invention, she fashioned me a cunning eyebrow 'hairpiece' out of false eyelashes... It didn't work though...

I realise this is nothing to do with the 11plus just thought I'd try and lighten the mood..... :D
bns

Post by bns »

HANG ON A MINUTE
have you got something against rappers and footballers , are they not deserving of your respect :lol: :lol: :lol:
They should have automatic entry into GS , they are a grossy under reppresented group
Last edited by bns on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

LOL :lol: :lol:

As they say, 'laughter is the best medicine'! :lol:
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Had to read that twice in case you were serious.Both very worthy and much better remunerated than my current position I am sure, but its just the look wasn't quite me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

TIDDLYMUM wrote:**** hath no fury like an offended beautician :D :D

Having once had an accidental strip torn out of one of my eyebrows when the wax strip slipped, I am now very careful of who I let loose on me.I looked like a rapper or a footballer :lol:

Worse still it was my 40th birthday party for a mere 200 people that night, and as necessity is the mother of invention, she fashioned me a cunning eyebrow 'hairpiece' out of false eyelashes... It didn't work though...

I realise this is nothing to do with the 11plus just thought I'd try and lighten the mood..... :D
It's just as well I wasn't waxing her nether regions. Depending on the therapist and type of wax used, that treatment very painful indeed. Remind me to get some candle wax in for her next appointment. :twisted:

Ok. Finished...back on to the thread subject, sorry to have highjacked it. :D
bns

Post by bns »

may be it's time to END this thread
we need to be mindful that other anxious parents are waiting for results, due imminently. It's been good while it lasted and quite good fun winding the middle classes up(joke)
it's time to move on!
Murphys

Post by Murphys »

bns wrote:may be it's time to END this thread
we need to be mindful that other anxious parents are waiting for results, due imminently. It's been good while it lasted and quite good fun winding the middle classes up(joke)
it's time to move on!
I hope everyone gets the school of their and their dd's choice.
I am lucky to live round the corner so will get one of the 174 places!
Good luck everyone!
Aurorasaab

Post by Aurorasaab »

Well much to our surprise our daughter passed for AGGS as well. She said the exam was harder than Sale, so hopefully that means she will have passed Sale too. Not sure what we will do if she does pass Sale, as I suspect she may want to go there if her friends also pass. We are only 2 miles from AGGS so would expect to have a good chance of being offered a place. If she decides to forego AGGS it would free up a place for someone a little further out who may really want to go there, so it's all good really. They are both good schools.

Parental support is vital if you want your children to do well in anything. Whatever school they go to, if they have your support they will do well.

Likewise, I would never be put off going to any school by the worry that the other kids have more stuff. That happens in every school, good or bad, primary or secondary, grammar or comp. Better to teach your children that having loads of stuff isn't important and don't worry about keeping up with the Jones's.
aharris

Post by aharris »

I also hope my DD pass for SGS because the way places available cannot believe where she will ended up, SGS is only hope as it is not far from we live. Waiting for this to happen.