AGGS v Loreto thoughts?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tillybob

AGGS v Loreto thoughts?

Post by Tillybob »

Ok, nearly time to put in final preferences!

DD trying to decide between Loreto and AGGS both fantastic but I believe very different schools.

It would be great to hear your views.
nickiveg

Re: AGGS v Loreto thoughts?

Post by nickiveg »

:P loreto for us out of area and criteria 5 but she loved it and we just didn't :oops: feel it at AGGS
madsdad

Post by madsdad »

nickiveg wrote::P loreto for us out of area and criteria 5 but she loved it and we just didn't :oops: feel it at AGGS
I can only comment on Loreto.

Everybody in Cat 5 was offered a place last year, so you stand a great chance of getting in.

My DD is in Year 7 and absolutely loves it. The pastoral care is excellent and the girls are lovely too so far!!! We were expecting to have tears and confidence issues as my DD knew nobody at all. She now has a lovely circle of about 6 or 7 close friends all from different schools. She also loves all her teachers apart from one.

I can honestly say it is the right school for our DD. :D :D :D
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Well I think AGGS is the BEES KNEES you must send your DD's there!! :lol:

Ha ha can you see my tactic there, I needs Loreto to get right down to little old DD hanging on in there at cat 473 :lol:

Right my pennies worth, considering my DD shall probably end up at neither. I don't know the schools exceptionally well but can only talk of what I think and the short time I have had any dealings with them....Communication at Loreto I have found exceptional, at AGGS not so. Scores speak for themselves and that is where AGGS possibly come out on top! Girls friendly at both schools, pastoral side (which is important to me) at first glance may come out on top at Loreto. Again is what works for your DD, I do think they are both great schools and would probably be more than happy sending my DD to either.

Have to say in the last since out disappointing AGGS result I have had people (possibly to make me feel better) say this that and the other about AGGS and I do take on board everyone's veiw. But ultimately only YOU can make the decision and only You and your DD shall know which school is right.

Good luck!

Edited to say: I think homework pays a very BIG part at AGGS, I know of a couple of girls who are up late into the night doing the daily homework
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Ah Countrymum, you still want that Blazer, don't you! Would be delighted for you to get in there. You never know. The fact they had to lower the pass mark might go in your favour.

Out of interest, you have two more results yet to come, would you be happy to send your DD to one of them, should she get the right score? Or are you holding onto AGGS?
overanxious

Post by overanxious »

My daughter at AGGS does know someone with a swimming pool! :lol: She's one of her best mates - and we live on the Didsbury/Burnage border and are stunningly average! Never been any problems socially for her, although I blanche a bit at some of the houses we collect from :lol:

My daughter really enjoys school and the homework doesn't seem too onerous (year 9 ) She certainly has enough time to shop and hang around cafes in Altrincham!
ManYou

Post by ManYou »

They are both great schools.

My DD passed both exams but I think we will probably opt for Loreto. I have had heard some wondeful stories from children who currently attend that school. The teachers are great and it is a very caring environment. Personally, I think my child would be more happy at Loreto and thats what is most important for me.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Pumpkin Pie wrote:Ah Countrymum, you still want that Blazer, don't you! Would be delighted for you to get in there. You never know. The fact they had to lower the pass mark might go in your favour.

Out of interest, you have two more results yet to come, would you be happy to send your DD to one of them, should she get the right score? Or are you holding onto AGGS?
Thanks Pumpkin :)

Things are quite emotional right now and I think many on here are drumming over their options and I am still a little undecided what schools to put on the CAF form. BUT I think we have made a decision on what is the best for my child. DD wanted to do the four exams, knowing probably only 2 being would be a real possible option AGGS and Sale. However we did really like Loreto ( I think you know my thoughts on the blazers) and as we are reasonable religious a school that I would be honored to send her to. Of course I have to think of her realistic chances and take that into account. If Sale results come back in her favour, I would then get a bit confused again on her reasonable chances of getting allocated.

I have not discounted our very good local high school either, or possibly an indie ( which school thought my DD would be suited to) but would need financial assistance on that one.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I have removed certain posts from this thread to quarantine so that I can fumigate them when I have time and hopefully return them. Please keep it calm and respectful and try not to make any remarks that may rile other posters.

TM - Moderator