Anyone else nervous of post ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nickiveg

Re: Anyone else nervous of post ?

Post by nickiveg »

Well done bns x thanks for news re lea as I wasn't sure how it all worked proper rookey :shock: anyway good luck all I've got everything crossed x :roll:
bns

Post by bns »

Thanks, Pumkinpie and Vickyveg, we are over the moon and DD is so excited that she can't stop jumping about.
When DD went for the exam and interview (believe it or not, we were interviewed as well, seperately, by the Headmistress) we got to meet a lot of other prespective parents. I think all the nonsense about out , of Altrincham kids not getting allocations galvanised us to look for a plan B but the good news is, while we were there, we met hoardes of parents/ kids from Hale/Bowden prep schools (in their elaborate school uniforms, as opposed to my DD's M&S cardigan, polo shirt and skirt and who were very polite and perfect young ladies) who all, without exception, wanted their children to attend WGS/MHSG/The Grange etc., even though they had all passed the Alty 11+. Clearly, the recession has not affected this group of people. By the way, they were all lovely and very nice and not at all pretentious. Yes, they wore very nice and expensive clothes but very discreet and not ostenatious in any way.
The point I'm trying to make is, that this group of wealthy individuals will still send their children to what they consider to be an exclusive school and, as a result, the first and second allocations for this year for AGGS, in terms of distance, will not be much different from previous years IMO. I hope this is reassuring for all those who are waiting.
I just hope my little naive little girl with her "hand me down" uniform will fit in!!
Last edited by bns on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickiveg

Post by nickiveg »

I'm sure she will !!!! It's not the uniform but the brains and personality behind it x :D did you get a full busery ? And I agree we are in south Warrington and the recession has not affected the granges admissions at all x
and...breathe

Post by and...breathe »

Congratulations bns and daughter.Lovely to hear good news :-)
bns

Post by bns »

yes 100%!, burseries apply if net income is below 40k or so, but ours is a lot lower 25k :(
indies want bright but poor kids to apply ,it sits well with their charitable status!
but you have to apply!!!!!!
I should say start at about 40k then there is some kind of sliding scale
nice to know we are at the bottom of the run :oops:
nickiveg

Post by nickiveg »

:D well done you that's fabulous news and your right you have to apply and I'm not sure parents are aware they can ? Seems out of reach for most i think ? You should be very proud as they must want her very much x :D
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Great news Bns! Your daughter is clearly a clever little girl. And the Withington cohort is very mixed in terms of 'wealth' so I don't think you need have any concerns there. Really chuffed for you :D
cassie7

Post by cassie7 »

Well done 'little BNS' and to you BNS as a supportive parent who believed in DD! You must be incredibly proud of her achievements!

Lovely to hear that natural ability has shone though, irrespective of finances!

.....and good on WGS for having a selction process which finds those students with potential, irrespective of their education route thus far!

Enjoy this moment!

Cassie7
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

bns wrote:Hi all, I think for those outside trafford will need to consult their own LEA website, I know Warrington will be e-mailing out from 00.00 1/3/13 as well as sending letter to arrive in the morning.
We found out today that DD has been offered a place at WGS with a full bursery, and posssibly help with travel costs also since we live > 10 miles from fallowfield,
we will be accepting and hopefuly free up at least one place at AGGS for some other deserving child :D
best of luck to all.
Well done to BNS and DD- brilliant news, congratulations!
GailJ

Post by GailJ »

Hi All
I just followed the link to Trafford and it says the places will be released at 00:01 on 01/03/13.