AGGS proof of residency

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cassie7

Re: AGGS proof of residency

Post by cassie7 »

Last last year (Nov 12?) I am told all recipients of child benefit (regardless of income) were sent a letter to remind them that they would need to opt out of the scheme if their household income exceeded the new limits. This letter did not specify childrens names.

In our case, we had to opt out of receiving the benefit. We then received a 'confirmation of opting out' letter in February 2013. The front of the letter looked fairly generic, however on the reverse is detailed the names / date of both of the children for whom child benefit will no longer be paid!

So we have sent a copy of this letter in!

Hope this helps!
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

Those you live in central manchester who need to go down the NHS Card route, it is a different authority which deals with it.
You need to email: man-pct.patientdata@nhs.net and they will sort it out apparently within a day.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

Do we get a letter confirming our DD's place following all this? Either from Trafford or from the school? Does anyone know?
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Hi NS1,

When you handed in the confirmation with proofs, did the school office give you a receipt of acceptance or similar.

Or does one send all via recorded post to be sure that the school received the documents.

Sorry with so many procedures one needs to be sure of what one is doing :shock: :roll: :oops: :roll: :shock:
wigwam12

Post by wigwam12 »

I have been emailing all mine to date.
I only tended to get a reply when whatever I sent was not sufficient.
woodburner

Post by woodburner »

Hi all, I'm a new poster. My Friend who has been here for ages asked me to post this .....

My DD has got a place at AGGS. I took along a child benefit letter from 2008, with only my child's first name on it (my DD has my husband's surname, I kept my maiden name) and 12/13 council tax and a 12/13 water bill (all in my name). There was no problem.

Today DD received a yellow postcard from AGGS, "looking forward to ,,,,", "see you in July ,,,,,", "let your parents know you've received this ....", "..will be sending more information...".
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

woodburner wrote:Hi all, I'm a new poster. My Friend who has been here for ages asked me to post this .....

My DD has got a place at AGGS. I took along a child benefit letter from 2008, with only my child's first name on it (my DD has my husband's surname, I kept my maiden name) and 12/13 council tax and a 12/13 water bill (all in my name). There was no problem.

Today DD received a yellow postcard from AGGS, "looking forward to ,,,,", "see you in July ,,,,,", "let your parents know you've received this ....", "..will be sending more information...".
Thank you so much Woodburner for taking the time to answer. Fantastic news. I will look forward to receiving my yellow postcard. :D
NS1

Post by NS1 »

When I hand delivered the evidence to AGSB I wasn't given a receipt, neither was one given to the guy infront of me. If I don't receive a confirmation by next week I will follow it up.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

Yellow postcard received in post 10 minutes ago. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Thanks NS1, I guess now the waiitng for yellow card begins. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now